2017/06/22 22:29:17
BeenThereDoneThat.
Looch I do have a beaver pond but what fish do get in there get eaten by the stupid Geese.

Hey, maybe I could stock Shad in there, they'll proliferate so the Geese will over gorge themselves and explode!!! Brilliant!!
2017/06/22 23:23:39
CRAPPIE_SLAYER
Got out again this afternoon/ evening for a few hours. Moved around some today after the initial spot didn't produce anything. 7 shorties and lost the only legal one I had on at the boat trying to net it.

psu_fish
The Dutch that where were near us this past Saturday were mostly pulling worm harnesses. Two younger guys were headed in around 9:30-10 said they had 7 walleyes in the box.

The wrong Dutchmen must be fishing near me. Haven't seen them slamming fish by any means. I might have to give up drift fishing and start trolling.

Will hopefully be out again tomorrow evening if it's not pouring. Think the dog has had enough fishing for a few days, so I might have to give this trolling thing a try while I leave her home. Got my checklist...

1- buy a bigger reel
2- find the Amish that are trolling
3- drop a hot and tot 125 yards out

...got it :)

Good luck to those who get out this weekend
2017/06/23 18:00:28
CAPTAIN HOOK
psu_fish
125 feet of line and not yards sounds more realistic.

According to the Precision trolling app, 125 feet of line let out will get you 14-15 feet deep.

That sounds better ! Hot n Tots dive deep fast

# 4 on check list - order more fish at Carini's this Friday ! 
2017/06/23 18:27:26
BeenThereDoneThat.
Good ribs at Hickory Bar & Grill today. [BURP!] Oops.. 😉
2017/06/24 23:07:31
CRAPPIE_SLAYER
Didn't get out till later in the afternoon today. Numerous boats were coming in as I was headed out into the pounding wind. Set up shop, landed a nice 20" eye right off the bat and thought it was gonna be the day. 5 shorties after that, then the wind died back and the cats and perch took over. Did keep 2 nice size perch out of the bunch though. Storm moved in late and I headed out.

For you guys that like the cats, if I was searching for aggressive eater size fish I'd probably starting the 14-17 fow range 😉
2017/07/01 20:56:36
CRAPPIE_SLAYER
Pretty quiet on the pymy board lately. Was out the past 2 afternoons. Fished 12- 17 fow. 2 eyes made the trip home, and lots of shorties to fill in the downtime. One of these days ill be able to take home more than 1 fish per day, but it's good to know there is lots of sub legal fish waiting for another year. The sailboats were out having fun today. Counted over 2 dozen of them in a pack on the south end. Tight lines everyone!
2017/07/02 03:09:38
pymafish615
I was out this afternoon/evening brought home 30+ bluegill didn't find any walleye was having too much fun with panfish with the kids. Hopefully will be able to find walleye soon
2017/07/02 05:46:12
CRAPPIE_SLAYER
Nice job with the bluegills and getting those kids into fishing. My nephew is gonna be here this week and hopefully ill be able to get him out one day for some panfish action
2017/07/03 08:44:19
chauncy
Out on the south end Sunday morning with a friend from out of the area. We dodged boats and kayaks for a little over three hours and managed to put ten crappies and eight keeper size gills in the cooler. It was a madhouse out there but that's to be expected this time of year. Fishfry later today.
2017/07/07 10:23:27
chauncy
Had the pleasure of doing an on the water interview and photoshoot with Darl Black, a nationally known sportswriter from our area, for an article for Crappienow magazine, thursday morning. Showed him some techniques and new baits that have been producing for me this season. Managed to catch around twenty fish in two hours. Four different species too. The article may not come out until next season. Had a fun time putting it together with him.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account