2017/06/14 08:35:00
CAPTAIN HOOK
So now all our local lakes are Pan fish lakes now ? No Walleye around to speak of being caught in any numbers anymore. Not even small ones ? Well, one we know of ! (ATTE1 )

The Pa. Inland Walleye Program is a joke and a complete failure !

Shenango is even worse than Pymy for Walleye numbers . Didn't use to be like that years ago.....wonder what's changed over the years ?

This program is nothing more than a major cutback in NW Pa. Walleye stocking !

2017/06/14 10:04:10
BeenThereDoneThat.
Trout and Gills.... Fishing the Pennsylvania Wilds, at it's best.

Compliments of the PennState Fish & Boat Commission.

Brought to you by your local B.A.S.S. clubs.
2017/06/14 11:06:33
chauncy
Brock, from what I'm hearing, even the crappie fishing is slowing down greatly. Didn't believe it so I made three trips out in the last week. First day I pulled a limit in under two hours. Few days later, second trip. Basically same area of the lake but had to fish more than my usual brushpiles. Put ten keepers in the box but that was all I wanted to keep. Third day, yesterday, a friend from Ohio wanted some crappies for his neighbors. We struggled to put ten keepers in the box. I fished ten to fifteen of my spots marked on my gps trying to find him some. Used over twelve different baits, style and size. Didn't want to fish in eighty degree weather so we did some bluegill fishing until ten thirty and left with nine crappies, one perch, and seventeen big gills. Stopped at Rickters on the way home and he said he wasn't surprised that even I couldn't put a limit together in the last few days. When this heat dies down some, I'll try to find them again. I haven't tried night fishing for them in a very long time but may have to do so to catch them. So it may not be just walleyes.
2017/06/14 13:58:11
crawlerman2
The decrease in walleye everywhere seems to coincide with the arrival of alewives and shad.  Logic would say more bait fish is good, but if that bait fish out competes the fry for plankton then that could be the problem. 
2017/06/14 19:20:52
Big Tuna
Erie my friends, Cranberry Creek Ohio. Small boat friendly,one mile out mixed fish 15"-29" fish plugs off boards. Easy fishing. My new spot to fill the freezer. 
2017/06/14 19:22:46
CAPTAIN HOOK
Chauncy, if your struggling on Crappie I know it's tuff ! You are the Crappie King of all these local lakes without a doubt ! You pay your dues and put the time in and it pays off....most times...lol
Your a seasoned angler like me , so when we notice things are on a downfall.... something isn't right. I'm not into Crappie fishing for many years now so I don't know, but I do my share of local Walleye chasing .

Pymy was the biggest let down I've seen in years. Spring Walleye were just none existent trip after trip. We tried every thing we have learned over years of fishing and it just didn't click this year. We fish about 80% at night, sometimes late night , and have several areas we try, areas that have produced fish year after year , and all were empty of Walleye action. 

When you line 5 guys up on shore and are all casting good stick baits that work great on Walleye and fish 3 hours steady and not one bump all night...something ain't right !

I understand with fishing there are no guarantees, but I've learned persistence pays off 99% of the time ....this year is the 1% it didn't work.

On another note.....I have yet to see any Shad schools on Shenango this year yet. I'm talking those big pods of baby Shad (2"-3") up on the surface......none ! Strange ????

Did see lots of Shad in Pymy feeder Creeks....tons !

2017/06/14 20:24:33
BeenThereDoneThat.
Yinz keep talking about the fishin' conditions all Yinz want. It's been really good for my ego.

Maybe it ain't me and it is the stupid fish.😕

Thanks fellas.....!! 👍
2017/06/16 18:50:37
CRAPPIE_SLAYER
Was up waaaayyy before the crack of dawn to give it a shot with walter today. Fished normally productive spots from 3:30- 8:30 with nothing but cats and a few small perch to show. Definitely an off year. Oh well, the dog and I enjoyed a beautiful morning. Will be out pounding the gills with my dad elsewhere tomorrow.
2017/06/21 10:54:43
CRAPPIE_SLAYER
Finally managed to find a few eyes between yesterday afternoon and early this morning. Only kept one, but boated almost a dozen. Lots of 15" fish that went back to grow a little. Was a beautiful morning until a boat with some Dutchmen at the helm pulled up within 15ft of me. Almost asked them if they just wanted to fish out of my boat 😒
2017/06/21 11:16:19
psu_fish
The Dutch that where were near us this past Saturday were mostly pulling worm harnesses. Two younger guys were headed in around 9:30-10 said they had 7 walleyes in the box.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account