2017/06/11 08:36:05
CAPTAIN HOOK
I'm surprised you didn't peddle to Carini's for lunch from there !

Sharpsville , Pa. Lower Shenango River. The old lock is still visible, as are parts of the canal from Erie to Pittsburgh along the old route. Walked some of that near Kidd's Mills years ago duck hunting , not much left after a 150 years later.
2017/06/11 09:26:09
BeenThereDoneThat.
Emitch thanks for the headsup. So what you're saying is, they "wasn't" saying I was number 1?

Dave, we had hoped to hit Hamburg from muup river. You say the Hamburg trail is used by horses.... well go figure. Bad enough I gotta pull boat and trailer through horse apples on paved roads and now, I gotta pedal my asz through it too. Good Grief!

JM2, I believe that is the Erie Canal Tow Path Through Way. Too darned many toll booths and I don't have EZ Pass. 😋

Captain, we were upstream and the wind was outta the south. Rest assured had I caught the slightest whiff of Carini's cooking, there would be a clean clear tow path from the covered bridge down to Hamburg. (no pun intended)

Funny you mention Carini's though. After arriving home, we were talking about riding a area today where we could end the trip with a Lasagna dinner. Carini's is closed today.... dam it!😡

Another gorgeous day today guyz. Tight lines if fishin is on your itinerary .
2017/06/11 11:58:55
pymafish615
Carinis in Jamestown is open today
2017/06/11 12:45:04
BeenThereDoneThat.
Pymafish..... thank you. We just may make the trip. Great Ice Cream place across the street too.... yummy!!!
2017/06/12 09:50:27
roygpa
Weekend Report: one catfish, one crappie from the boat on Saturday, and a few small perch from the dock. The big perch seemed to have moved. On Sunday, my wife caught a very angry snapping turtle in the foot. I distracted him by putting a stick in his mouth and removed the hook with pliers. He swam off without so much as a "Thank you."
2017/06/12 12:29:13
BeenThereDoneThat.
roygpa
Weekend Report: one catfish, one crappie from the boat on Saturday, and a few small perch from the dock. The big perch seemed to have moved. On Sunday, my wife caught a very angry snapping turtle in the foot. I distracted him by putting a stick in his mouth and removed the hook with pliers. He swam off without so much as a "Thank you."

Geez.... talk about being ungrateful. What's up with that?

Enjoyed the report Roy keep em coming and better luck next time.

Myself, I think we need some thunderstorms to bounce lightning bolts off the water to energize the stupid fish.
2017/06/12 14:22:15
psu_fish
Fished about 8 hours on the north end...only 5 keeper pan fish. Slow times
2017/06/12 15:16:55
CAPTAIN HOOK
I'm wondering which lake is worse this time of year, Pymy or Shenango ?
It's a tie !....... they're both dead ! 

Lately the best part of the fishing day has been lunch ! 
2017/06/12 16:06:57
chauncy
Did okay at Pymy Sunday. Had plans to keep ten crappies over eleven inches and I did. Also planned to keep ten big gills and ended up keeping seventeen that were eight or close to it. Off the water by eleven thirty.
2017/06/12 20:48:03
ATTE1
Fished pymy most of the day yesterday, actually caught a walleye...was only 12" but at least I know they are still in the lake. Like everyone else I wish I knew exactly what is going on with them this year. Never had this much trouble catching them. Did catch plenty of crappie for the table and perch and a few catfish. Wind was pretty good and the water was stained more than normal.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account