2017/06/05 21:19:28
chauncy
Was out for a while this morning. Put ten crappies and ten gills in the box. Didn't feel like cleaning any more than that or I would have kept more of each. Caught close to fifty that would have kept. Jig and nibble and hair jig and waxworm.
2017/06/05 21:51:29
opsman
Fantastic!

2017/06/06 22:56:22
LetMeBeFishing
That's great. Where you up north by the stumps
2017/06/07 16:32:53
chauncy
nope.
2017/06/07 16:38:03
BeenThereDoneThat.
Thinking about buying a new boat. The big drawback, Mfg says I might have a problem towing between Shenango, Wilhelm, Conneaut, and Pymatuning. May have a problem launching at Sandy Lake too.

https://youtu.be/QV83rkruQ3w

Heyyy Zelie we could run some crappie rigs from the bow of that puppy..... wudda ya think?
2017/06/09 11:50:18
ZelieSam
People with a boat that big are smart enough to use MINNOWS!  
2017/06/09 21:32:22
CAPTAIN HOOK
  Rich , I guess that's called a fishing drive by ! ...lol
2017/06/09 21:57:04
ICE NUT
are u kidding lots of boats out many as a matter of fact not much catching though a few nice crappies and some dink perch no walleyes at all. water is like chocklate milk heavy duty mud line.
2017/06/09 22:57:42
BeenThereDoneThat.
Greetings and Salutations, The interesting subject of boats on the lake caught my eye so after some careful consideration, it was decided I should throw in my two cents.  Imagine that........! Spent better part of 7 hours fishing the Jamestown area yesterday afternoon and I must say that I was pleasantly surprised to see a total of six vehicles parked at the launch and maybe 5 boats, including the Fish Hawk, on the water. First 3+ hours were spent dragging crawlers on a three-way, rigged with floating jig, along with jigging various colored tails on a second rod.  Wasn't an expensive venture, bait wise, as I finished with the same crawler I started with nor, did I snag and lose tackle on any sunken ships. Giving up on that technique, of catching nothing, I motored to the islands this side of the dam were I commenced firing 1/16 bucktail jigs into every pocket of brush, logs and, other paraphernalia I could find.  Continuing my journey around the islands I set course for the west shores where once again I continued chucking the hair jig over shallow and deep waters. Was not a total wash out for me as I did get into the Crappie as well as the Perch along with a very nice cat for a total of,  three fish.   I tried not to be suspicious and not wanting to be accused of spot burning, from a distance, I glassed the few other boats in the area.  Seeing that they too were not catching much, or nothing at all, I chose to stay away from their areas. Changing course to my south I noticed several anglers fishing from shore of which two, did have a rather nice batch of fish on a stringer.  I didn't get overly excited as I noticed the stringer was of yellow rope so I figured they must be catching Steelies or Salmon or sumpthin like that.  I did however think about drifting over to see what they were using for bait but there was these dam buoys that said I couldn't go in where they was fishin.  Before I forget I did find this fishing lure.........                                          so if you can identify it I'll be glad to return it.  Just send me your address along with $19.95 for shipping and handling and I'll have it in the mail.    In closing i should like to mention, for the most part, the lake was glass like for the better part of my excursion and to top off another great day in the Pennsylvania Wilds, I was treated to a lovely sight for nearly 20 minutes of my trip home.  The gooder part, it wasn't even raining and, my boat was uncovered. 
                                                      PS.  Hope you enjoyed the story aaaaaaaaaand........ Be sure to "like me"
2017/06/10 00:07:35
nerka
old dog
i was by cabin beach, the ohio state campground, jamestown marina and the dam.  saw a total of four boats.  that was this evening.  i didn't go up on the north end at all nor the stump field near the causeway.

i did see a lot of amish in the campground.  some with campers.  when did they start using rvs? i guess i'm really behind the times. 

bill, i did see an amish guy at the fish cleaning station in the ohio cabin area cleaning fish from a cooler and saw two more carrying a 'heavy' cooler at the pa. cabins.  somebody was catching something somewhere.

yep the pa blue army lol   boy do they pound our waters lol

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account