2017/05/13 23:53:20
nerka
goin tue and wed  hope i catch something lol
2017/05/14 06:09:06
Big Tuna
Turtle soup,delicious. 10-12 pounders are great chunked into bite size pieces dipped in egg wash and breaded and fried. In my younger days did a lot of turtling. Set lines,pulled them out of bank holes and later got smart an bought a turtle trap. Glad your into those crappie BTDT. I believe the season opens July 1st.
2017/05/15 08:12:13
ZelieSam
Big TunaI believe the season opens July 1st.

I thought BT might have been eating too much turtle meat with this one, but it turns out there IS a season for snappers.  On Pymie you can keep snapping turtles (15 per day) from July 1 - Oct 31.  Learn something new every day.  

We always caught them in the rivers.  Last one I caught was walking across the road in front of my house, probably going back to the water after laying eggs in the fields behind my house.  That's a guess based on the babies we find occasionally in our pool filter.  If they weren't such a PITA to clean I'd probably harvest a few each year.  There are some beasts on Arthur.  
2017/05/15 08:49:21
puddlejumper1
Remember the days of turtle trapping.
The prep for table fare was kind of a pain though. 
Nothing worse than the muscle reflexes long after the turtle was dispatched......always spooky when it happens...especially as a kid!
2017/05/15 09:53:56
roygpa
My wife and I caught a couple bluegills and about 12 perch on Saturday afternoon from our dock a mile and a quarter south of Espyville on the Pa side. We were using minnows and red worms. Six of the perch and on bluegill were big enough to fillet. Had to hook the minnow threw the head or the perch would strip them off without getting hooked. I usually spend my time helping other bait their hooks and get their lines out, but this time I was able to do the catching. Had fun.

-Roy
2017/05/15 10:08:22
puddlejumper1
The great dilemma this time of year..............

Concentrate on walleyes...........
This was the other night. Only caught one but......(not quite as big as it looks...all in how you hold it,LOL......actually 25", 5 lbs).

Or take the kids for the hotter action of crappies......

easy pick........taking the kids for crappies. How can I say no to that smile!?
2017/05/15 23:17:38
BeenThereDoneThat.
Super puddlejumper congratulations on the fish and that smile.🍻
2017/05/15 23:33:04
BeenThereDoneThat.
I sure had a grand day on the water. Not only were well over a hundred fish caught (and most released) between 3 of us but, I got to share the day with registered and his son. What a pair of fine anglers these two guys are.

Rob and Sam I am looking forward to another great day on the water but the next time, could we please do it on a day with calmer seas. I been home for a couple of hours now and my boat is still rockin'. 😖

Thanks for the good time fellas. 🍻
2017/05/15 23:36:51
Big Tuna
Turtle cleaning is not that bad once you do a couple hundred.lol Easy way to dispatch a turtle is a .22 through the top of the noggin. No twitching,just a limp turtle easy to clean. I rather use a trap,that noodling is ah a little different especially if there's a muskrat in the hole and not a turtle. Don't believe they always have their tail side out. lol nice eye and crappie,puddlejumper.
2017/05/16 02:08:07
CRAPPIE_SLAYER
Nice fish puddlejumper

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account