2017/05/02 21:46:23
mopars0
Nice catch there BTDT ..... congrats 👍
2017/05/02 22:52:01
nerka
walleye taker
Man!! guys!! Come on let's get out and fish. And enjoy no matter what we catch isn't that what's it about anyway. All this doom and gloom.
Can't catch any fish , this guy is snagging, this guy has to big of motor. Anyone and I mean anyone that has fished pym for yrs knows it goes in cycles. Good yrs and bad yrs but keep after them and even in the off yrs you will end up with a few. I fished the lake for about 40 yrs and have only missed 1 trip to the lake in all that time. I spend about a month 1/2 every year on the water.

Things will get better trust me put the time in and the fish will come it's been a slow start seen it before many times .
Tight lines to all.

well said you are correct
2017/05/02 23:08:42
CAPTAIN HOOK
walleye taker
Man!! guys!! Come on let's get out and fish. And enjoy no matter what we catch isn't that what's it about anyway. All this doom and gloom.
Can't catch any fish , this guy is snagging, this guy has to big of motor.

Things will get better trust me put the time in and the fish will come it's been a slow start seen it before many times .
Tight lines to all.

No gloom and doom here, just stating facts about a bad fishing situation out of control for years. Doesn't take a college degree to see something that just isn't right. I've seen plenty of snaggers and lifters in my many years of fishing 3 states for over 40 years and that Spillway is a prime example of a snagging haven ! Do I blame them for all the bad fishing.... never did , but if it's such a great spot for catching legal Walleyes why are they all caught on vertical jigging lures only? I guess that's all spring Walleye bite on ? Bring your vertical jigging lures down on the south end of Pymy now and show me how good they legally produce against my stick baits. 

Nice BTDT  ...friends were doing good on Shenango Crappie, but now that winter is back who knows!
2017/05/03 01:18:05
Big Tuna
Where all invited to the fish fry at BTDT house. Way to go dude. Are crappie the NEW eyes of Pymy.lol  Can't figure out why you guys aren't crushing the eyes. Still time but something up with the fishing this year there. I glad you didn't take advantage of spawning fish like I did.lol I sometimes wonder what the impact of carp in the lake does?  Any thoughts? 
2017/05/03 10:02:54
nerka
like nigels quote in spinal tap,,,, there primaraly bread eaters   ... the carp lol
2017/05/03 10:10:47
BeenThereDoneThat.
Dam straight Big Tuna, fish fry anytime. Just, BYOF and beer too. lol

Can't say I haven't been trying for 'eyes' at Pymie, 'cause I been practicing my jigging technique so I'm ready when they transition back to deeper water.

Now all I need is for the stupid gale force winds to cease and, the fish to start hitting jigs in deep water, sometime bright and early around noonish.😉

Hey..... how 'bout a carp fry? yummy!!!
2017/05/03 10:14:27
nerka
just throwing this out fellas ,,,,buuuuuuuuut what impact do you think the BLUE ARMY and there overloaded human flotillas  of endless trawling have on the walleye   ,,,,or for that matter all species of fish they target ????????
2017/05/03 10:39:49
BeenThereDoneThat.
Nerka I was launching the 'FishHawk' one day last week as a pontoon tied to a joining dock. On board, 6 teenage girls, 6 pre-teen to teenage boys and one adult male operator. The young people all scurried from the boat heading to the RRs while the operator went to a vehicle, retrieved a bag of ice and dumped it into a cooler aboard the boat. A very large cooler!!!

I didn't ask questions, I just didn't want to know but, you can be the judge.
2017/05/03 11:52:20
smally hunter
I'll say back in March we were catching some of the biggest bluegils on lake Wilhelm .. everyday I was there , there was plenty on blue coats around carrying large stringers of fish out in waves .. not saying that lake can't take it but it was a lot of fish none the less
2017/05/03 12:10:55
CAPTAIN HOOK
I have no problem with any people keeping their legal limits of fish, it's their right by established fishing laws and limits. What I don't understand is keeping all panfish or perch only 3"-4" long ? One should also realize letting some go establishes future breeding stock.

I'll admit Amish have a way of over harvesting game and fish to the point they ruin it for themselves as well as others .  

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account