crappiefisher
Very nice, I love this time ov yr.

crappy

2017/04/23 20:53:41
BeenThereDoneThat.
Capt. where is the iron furnace?
2017/04/23 21:00:06
CAPTAIN HOOK
That's over near Kennerdale. Freedom Falls is what they call it. First time there for me. Near the bike trails they ride from there to Oil City big RR tunnel there also.  
2017/04/23 21:09:53
CRAPPIE_SLAYER
Great pics captain. Looks like you had a fun weekend.
2017/04/23 23:10:39
BeenThereDoneThat.
CAPTAIN HOOK
That's over near Kennerdale. Freedom Falls is what they call it. First time there for me. Near the bike trails they ride from there to Oil City big RR tunnel there also.  

Capt, I thought that was the "Rockland Furnace" and "Freedom Falls".   Been through or past the old RR tunnel, you mention, canoeing/jet boating the Allegheny or riding the the old rails.  Literally riding the old rails, we would line our cars up on the rails at Eighth Street in Franklin and ride to Kennerdale or Oil City.  Spent many a spring or fall day back in the mid sixties and early 70's putting out wild fires set by trains along those rails.  Man those were the days........

Did ya happen to see "Indian God Rock" along the bike trail?

Ummmm sorry about getting away from the thread..... dam emotions, anyway. 

Great pictures, thanks for the memories! 

2017/04/24 08:37:27
CAPTAIN HOOK
You have a good back round on all that. I haven't hit the bike trail maybe some day , but it sure is a nice area to see and visit. I use to fish along that stretch of the Allegheny many years ago when the trains ran those rails.

Another dead night on Pymy last night, colder again, water was fairly calm with a light North wind. Not many boats out and so far a very challenging season for night bite Walleye.   
2017/04/24 09:40:24
crawlerman2
Fished Pymatuning for the first time in probably 30 years this weekend.  We started Friday night fishing the spillway.  Snagged some carp and caught a cat.  Hit a few more spots and quit about 11.  Saturday morning fished stumpfield and several spots around there.  No walleye, just perch and cats.  Sunday we went out of Snodgrass to fish where I used to crush them and caught one perch.  Used sonars, fatheads, crawlers, hot-n-tots, jigs and even tried some rubber worms for bass around some lily pads.  Talked to quite a few people and only one person caught a short walleye.  All I can say is this lake is not what it used to be. 
2017/04/24 10:58:31
The Ref
Hey Brock that's a great pic of the falls. Years ago I used to spend a lot of time up Rockland just above Kennerdale. We swam in that hole below the falls often man was that water cold. Jump in on a 90 degree day and it still took your breath away. Down over the hill from her camp on the river is a nice little back channel behind an island that was a great spot for SM and walleye. Haven't been there in years but I'm sure it is still good.
2017/04/24 11:11:39
The Ref
A quick story about that old furnace. Years ago there was a tree growing on top where the stump is now. So my friend decided to climb up there and gets to the top and reaches for a branch to pull himself up and it breaks and he falls backwards and lands in between a big rock and this piece of root or something that was sticking straight up like a spear. That spot on the ground seemed like it was made for his body. The dude layed there for a few seconds and jumped up like nothing happened. Someone was watching over him that day.
2017/04/24 13:51:56
ATTE1
Fished pymy Sunday 9am to 3pm....caught 4 catfish, 3 perch...not a single eye...did manage to get 10 nice sized crappie and threw back a few under 9 so at least it wasn't a total waste...very little wind, cold front or too early not sure...keep trying...bound to pick up...caught crappie at 10 ft in 13 fow thought they would have been shallower..water was 57 at 9am up to 62 at 3pm. but I was fishing offshore structure, never went into the shallows. Good luck everyone.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account