2017/04/21 08:59:03
CAPTAIN HOOK
It definitely said nursery water in the article so one would think it's the big private side. They do have some huge fish on that private side of the lake that are used for breeding stock. I've witnessed them bringing captured fish into the hatchery for milking and they bring in some hogs ! They really have a nice setup for transferring those fish from boat to tanks. I think that display tank is a cool thing to witness since fish are changed out steady. I use to take my kids up all the time and see what kind of fish were on display. The fish always appeared healthy everytime we were there, and I'm not sure but I don't think they leave them in long before they swap them around. When you can keep big Trout in that tank healthy looking I'd say the rest should have no problem.

I also agree over handling of fish does stress them bad and could jeopardize their health. So yea maybe special trophy fish like that should be left alone soon as possible.

One question I have had is how do they control the huge Carp numbers on that side ?   
2017/04/21 09:38:22
CRAPPIE_SLAYER
Yep, definitely said nursery waters. From the pic it looks to be in the corner by the hatchery down from the spillway where they put the net every year.
2017/04/21 09:48:41
crappiefisher
  Thought they net 'em every so often & r sold.
2017/04/21 14:09:21
CAPTAIN HOOK
I've heard that rumor, but also heard it's false too. Just seems like too many Carp multiplying would ruin the eco system after so much time. Maybe someone will have a true input as to what takes place with thousands of Carp and how they control the numbers somewhat year after year.

You would think the mass waste being put out would jeopardize other fish below the Spillway flow into the lake. I've never heard of any problems over the years, but haven't hatcheries closed because of fish waste discharge being too high ?  
2017/04/21 14:52:51
crappiefisher
I found some info. I would Google it if you want the answer or ask Fish and Boat. That way it shouldn't be a rumor but maybe could be.

crappy
2017/04/21 16:47:54
slabfinder
This is Probally common knowledge but didn't they want to do away with feeding them bread because the yeast was encouraging algae growth?

I'll try to find some information to back my claim.
2017/04/21 17:28:01
nerka
they should feed them whole wheat instead lmao lmao   
2017/04/21 17:43:07
mopars0
nerka
they should feed them whole wheat instead lmao lmao Β Β 
. πŸ‹πŸŸπŸ πŸΊπŸΊπŸ‘.... good one !!!
2017/04/22 01:05:07
slabfinder
That was a good read!

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account