2017/04/20 19:02:13
mopars0
NICE WOW !!!!! Captain .... Changed plugs & lower unit oil today ... replaced light on trailer also I'm ready see you guys soon leave a few for me ok guys πŸ˜œπŸ‘πŸΊ
2017/04/20 20:27:04
CRAPPIE_SLAYER
Holy crappie! I've caught a lit of nice 16+ fish out there, but nothing like that.
2017/04/20 20:39:16
BeenThereDoneThat.
Let me just say this about that Crappie in the above picture;  THAT'S A BIG FISH...... 10-4?

And now from the journals of    BTDT's   "BELIEVE IT, OR NOT"

Two of these fellas.......

This guy weighed in at 5 lbs. and is most likely the biggest cat in my record book.

This fine looking specimen gave me quite a hassle coming in and when it rolled just under the surface...

I thought I had another one of these..........

Disclaimer:  No fish were injured or harmed in any way during the making of this amazing story.

Special note;  Mopars keep this a secrete, If you hurry, you may find this fish swimming around the Jamestown docks.   Shhhhh!

2017/04/20 21:30:26
Big Tuna
Yea, BTDT. Way to go.
2017/04/20 21:33:26
CAPTAIN HOOK
Holy moly ! BTDT is on a roll........nice fish.

Storm blew in about 8 pm. tonight on Pymy.... got ugly fast. Seen one crazy blue boat out there till the very end......really pushed his luck on that storm.  
2017/04/20 21:42:46
CRAPPIE_SLAYER
Nice. You were due BTDT :).

I would have said that was my crazy blue boat out there, but I was the crazy blue boat on conneaut today. Fish turned on big time 20min before the storm rolled in. Think I regained the crappie slayer screen name.
2017/04/20 22:20:31
fishin coyote
Way to BTDT..
As far as that crappie goes..Looks like it came out of the net set just north of the spillway in the nursery waters. They grow big on that side😁

Mike
2017/04/20 23:29:29
BeenThereDoneThat.
Thank you guyz, I gotta admit today was one of my most enjoyable days of catching in many moons.

Even more enjoyable, is sharing the expierence with a bunch of good hearted people, who share the same interest.

I keep catching cats like I did today and I'm getting me a electric fillet knife. lol
2017/04/21 05:50:12
Big Tuna
What's your take on the record crappie? I'd say it came from the nursery water. It's nice that it on display at the hatchery but I feel it should have been released? Just my thoughts. Same with the near record walleye caught in the Kinzua dam. I don't feel these fish will survive in captivity.
2017/04/21 08:44:06
Porktown
This is just a guess, but I would think they may try to get eggs/sperm from them, to help make sure that DNA is passed along in their hatchery fish.  Especially with the walleye.  Not sure if they do any crappie reproduction at the nurseries or not?  If not, then I agree, put it back in, and let it do it's own reproduction.  That thing has a better chance of surviving in captivity, than on my frying pan!

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account