2017/04/14 22:30:26
Tunapursuit
Was out tonight, seen four sets of nets.
2017/04/15 00:59:16
slabfinder
I looked at a few reports that they were catching perch at the cause way.  Peak spawning temperature for perch and walleye, walleye shouldn't be far from them.  Looking to fatten up with the limited bait in the water.  There was also a southern wind pushing more oxygen into the water on the southern shore of the causeway.  Anyone have insight how to fish the causeway from a boat?  I'm sure sonars are the way to go.
2017/04/15 09:08:41
treesparrow
Fished out of canoe at the spillway last night until 9:10 and saw no eyes caught. Quite a few crappy , few perch, and carp. I feel the spawn is over for the eyes. Talked to fella on causeway Pa bridge that said no eyes being caught there from the bridge or the boats. Spillway was hot until last weekend I was told.
2017/04/15 15:22:43
slabfinder
Good.  I can cross that off my list!
2017/04/15 19:52:14
Tunapursuit
slabfinder
There was also a southern wind pushing more oxygen into the water on the southern shore of the causeway.  Anyone have insight how to fish the causeway from a boat?  I'm sure sonars are the way to go.

Fish from the boat two weeks ago an caught some eyes at causeway. Yes, sonars. Most people I talked with were very friendly.
2017/04/15 21:04:48
CRAPPIE_SLAYER
Waited for the rain to pass today and it looked like a great afternoon to drift. Wind started out slow, but after about an hour or so it picked up and put a nice chop on the water. Started out catching the normal mix of small perch and catfish, then finally just before 7 I put my first eye of the year in the boat. Only one I caught, but man what a fish.

New personal best at 28 1/2". Funny thing is it was the same spot, same time of day, same wind as when I caught a 28" one 5 years ago.

This big girl was carrying no eggs.

Good luck and happy Easter everyone!
2017/04/15 21:42:22
BeenThereDoneThat.
👍
2017/04/15 22:04:09
slabfinder
I bet that was in deeper water (18') female recovering from breeding activity nice catch! Thanks for the info!
2017/04/15 22:23:51
slabfinder
You can clearly see the sex by the OO female, male would be oO just to try and educate a few. Just saw the brush on her belly really worked hard to spread them eggs.
2017/04/15 22:45:55
CRAPPIE_SLAYER
9 fow.

I won't lie and say I can identify a male or female unless they are full of eggs or milt but this one had neither. Just a huge belly area that seemed stretched and empty so I figured it was a female. Saw the mark on its belly. Is that typical of a spawned female? If so, thanks for the knowledge.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account