2017/03/19 21:36:03
thunderpole
I checked forecast earlier and if I was a betting man i bet you cashmeonpyme dis week howboudat
2017/03/19 21:52:41
BeenThereDoneThat.
I'll wave when I see ya. Fursure... 10-4.
2017/03/20 03:12:16
thunderpole
Thanks dog, im looking forward to fish frys and no sleep for next 4 weeks
2017/03/20 05:17:42
treesparrow
outasynk, Those are some precious times, there is no thrill like a birthing. Fish can wait.
2017/03/20 07:42:27
outasync
Yeah I'm sure the waders won't get much use this year. I'll fill the freezer full of crappie and bluegills once we get some sort of routine going with the little one. As you said the outdoors can wait!
2017/03/20 09:05:54
treesparrow
Yes, wishing your family a smooth healthy addition.
2017/03/20 15:50:08
thunderpole
Good luck with the baby bud! Hope all goes well for you and yours!......I may go up tonight and fish haven't decided yet
2017/03/21 02:30:42
thunderpole
I didn't go last night and feel horrible about it, im going tonight for sure
2017/03/21 19:47:24
BeenThereDoneThat.
Welllllllll I went today only to find out Manning is froze over along with Espeyville. Wasn't a total loss as I got gasoline in Andover for forty cents a gallon cheaper than in my little piece of Penn's Woods.

Anyway, I found open water at Jamestown and enjoyed a day on the water. Until about 4:30 my time, when the wind began to pick up and heavier clouds began covering what sunshine there was.

Plenty of little fishy pictures on the sonar. Mostly in deeper (25' +) water holding on what appear to be large clouds of baitfish.

Worm harness with crawler was my bait of choice while thumping jigs fitted with various colors of twister tails was my, maybe might work, but didn't bait.

Neither did the crawler thingy.... stupid fish.

Water temp at the surface is 35 degrees.

Don't know what the Linesville area is like but there appeared to be, lots of floating ice north of the causeway at Espeyville.
2017/03/21 20:35:15
opsman
BTDT thanks for the glance up north.  With the freeze coming tomorrow I might just wait for my inaugural run next Monday on the north end.
Thanks to all who chimed in with their thoughts and comments regarding mooring a boat at Linesville.
Kept weighing pro and cons, cause even though it's a pain to wait and launch, it might be just as big a pain to chuck all of that equipment from the jeep to the boat two or three times a week.
What finally tipped the scales was the state of PA.  I was just getting my head around the fact that to moor the boat there I would have to register it in Pa and change the stickers, numbers, etc. but then they hit me with I had to surrender my Ohio title and title the boat in Pa.  Now that's just plain greedy horse****.  The boat has been titled once in Ohio, why in God's name would I have to re-title the boat in Pa!!  Finally said the hell with it.  I'm sure my 16'  bow rope will be plenty long to launch by myself out of Linesville... Oh well, at least it SOUNDED like a good idea

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account