2017/03/14 18:56:19
chauncy
Be sure to check all the corners when you get back in your boat after letting it sit there for more than a few days.

2017/03/15 00:04:45
woodnickle
chauncy
opsman
Ok, just got back from a leisurely ride around the lake, after my fifteen mile detour since Rt 7 was closed from rt 88 to Kinsman!  BTW, Duck and Drake and New Bowers do NOT have their docks in yet.  No activity at all.  There were a few people on the causeway and a handful at the spillway.  No boats that I could see at Linesville.
I took this pic today and for the life of me can't figure out how launching a boat is going to work, especially if you're by yourself. A person standing on the "bridge" would have almost 7' from the bow to the railing, trying to control the boat backward almost 15' (half the length of the entire dock til you reach a tie up cleat will be a hoot!  There is no rubber or protective device on the aluminum to prevent damage and if you look closely you can see rocks stacked right behind the decorative block! Is this done? Is it going to remain the way it is now?  A person alone will have to back in, go back and grab the bow rope, then either walk all the way back to step up on the walk, or try to jump up that four foot wall, lol!  I'm way too old for that ****!!  The lake might be down a little right now, but not much, because the stone abutment that is in front of the spillway is juuusst barely peeking out of the water.  When the lake is down, you can practically walk to stone all the way to the spillway without getting wet.   Anyhow, if you look close at the picture it sure looks like it's going to be a challenge.  At least the dock on the left side only has the metal ramp about half the distance as the one on the right  Gee, I wonder which dock everyone is going to flock to!!
I know I'm probably making a big deal about nothing, but since I just retired I was looking to hitting Linesville hard during the week when the pressure is off.  But since I will be alone, I really can't figure out an easy way around this.

Ever think about getting a longer launching rope? I fish by myself quite often and never have a problem launching any where. I use a long rope when i'm by myself. May take a few times to get used to it but you'll get the hang of it pretty quick.

yep...I ty the rope to my trailer and all is well

2017/03/15 08:40:28
roygpa
Get a bird-be-gone to keep the gulls off your boat. I have one on my pontoon and it works.
2017/03/15 09:54:36
opsman
Chauncy, Is there a spider epidemic at Linesville!  I usually keep a couple margarine containers in the boat with the lids on, holes poked, and mothballs inside, but thanks for the heads up. 
Roygpa, I saw those and I could see how they work, but don't you have a private dock?  Those just sit on the cover and I'm not sure how long one would last at a public dock!
2017/03/15 10:14:49
roygpa
Opsman: I do have a private dock, not sure if someone would steal it or not. I screwed it to a piece of 2x10 and tied it around the boat top, because I was worried about it blowing away. The top was covered with poop prior to installation, and after only one poop just outside of the wire's range. I will find a more permanent solution this year. Lot's of spiders in the Espyville area too. lol I think they like to eat the midges when  they hatch.

2017/03/18 04:27:06
pymafish615
Well the weather is crazy this year. The lake started to freeze back over but went out tonight for a few hours and picked up a couple walleye. Hopefully in the next couple weeks it'll really turn up
2017/03/18 09:33:22
CRAPPIE_SLAYER
Hey pymafish did you take a boat out? If so where did you launch that was open? Bought a new to me 20hp yesterday and now I'm dying to get it out for a test run.
2017/03/18 12:07:49
outasync
I'm hoping the better half lets me at least try! Baby is to be here next Friday and it's not looking good for me sneaking out anytime soon.
2017/03/18 12:30:59
BeenThereDoneThat.
old dog
if i were a betting man i would wager that some of you will be cleaning fish this coming week.

I'd be happy just to do some catching.

outasync
I'm hoping the better half lets me at least try! Baby is to be here next Friday and it's not looking good for me sneaking out anytime soon.

So the stork is on his way,  doooo keeep us informed daddy.....  we'll be happy to let you know how the fishing is going.

Seat always open, when ya can sneak away, even if just for an hour or two.
2017/03/18 13:00:44
CRAPPIE_SLAYER
outasync

Congrats!

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account