2017/03/12 09:00:53
Big Tuna
You can use your big motor, BTDT. Just don't get caught. lol Many years ago had a 16' Starcraft with a 70 HP and a 9.9 kicker,actually the first / Erie boat. A big blow came up quick,a very dangerous  electrical storm was on us in seconds. Well the 70 went down and we made the dash to Wilson. I'd rather take a chance than be a lighting rod. All was well.
2017/03/12 18:42:34
EMitch
You'll be fine 'til you see a boat comin' that has a twin 50s on the back; then it's break out the wallet time!
2017/03/12 20:16:15
BeenThereDoneThat.
Yeah..... probably Genieman77 strutting his stuff or maybe OldDog now he is retired. Heck... might even be that BIG boat from Zelienople.

Dad burned show off's.
2017/03/12 22:18:09
crappiefisher
 Buddy got into some nice fish Thurs. eve./night, left with 3" ov snowflakes in the boat 

crappy
2017/03/13 10:26:03
crappiefisher
 Yeah,

I was all packed to go for last Tues. then the forecast changed dramatically. Was hoping to get the water hooked back up & start on a pallet or 2 of oak rough cut for hardwood floors & trim. Looks like next Sun. or Mon. for now. Have to haul the Bass boat up the Lund is already there.

crappy
2017/03/13 11:03:00
crappiefisher
2 are staying here with a couple Sportpals. Enjoy wading Arthur most times anyway. Ahhuuggg, 5"--8" more starting tonight on top ov the 5"-6" already on the ground. Feb. & March were reversed this yr. Least it didn't stay warm & really mess the flowers & fruit up even more. Only have 7   5 gl. buckets of water left for the commode in Linesville.
You have my cell# ?

crappy
2017/03/14 17:50:03
chauncy
opsman
Ok, just got back from a leisurely ride around the lake, after my fifteen mile detour since Rt 7 was closed from rt 88 to Kinsman!  BTW, Duck and Drake and New Bowers do NOT have their docks in yet.  No activity at all.  There were a few people on the causeway and a handful at the spillway.  No boats that I could see at Linesville.
I took this pic today and for the life of me can't figure out how launching a boat is going to work, especially if you're by yourself. A person standing on the "bridge" would have almost 7' from the bow to the railing, trying to control the boat backward almost 15' (half the length of the entire dock til you reach a tie up cleat will be a hoot!  There is no rubber or protective device on the aluminum to prevent damage and if you look closely you can see rocks stacked right behind the decorative block! Is this done? Is it going to remain the way it is now?  A person alone will have to back in, go back and grab the bow rope, then either walk all the way back to step up on the walk, or try to jump up that four foot wall, lol!  I'm way too old for that ****!!  The lake might be down a little right now, but not much, because the stone abutment that is in front of the spillway is juuusst barely peeking out of the water.  When the lake is down, you can practically walk to stone all the way to the spillway without getting wet.   Anyhow, if you look close at the picture it sure looks like it's going to be a challenge.  At least the dock on the left side only has the metal ramp about half the distance as the one on the right  Gee, I wonder which dock everyone is going to flock to!!
I know I'm probably making a big deal about nothing, but since I just retired I was looking to hitting Linesville hard during the week when the pressure is off.  But since I will be alone, I really can't figure out an easy way around this.

Ever think about getting a longer launching rope? I fish by myself quite often and never have a problem launching any where. I use a long rope when i'm by myself. May take a few times to get used to it but you'll get the hang of it pretty quick.

2017/03/14 17:59:48
opsman
Thanks Chauncy   Out of the clear blue they called me today and said they had a couple slips open at Linesville this year so I might be just mooring it there full time!

2017/03/14 18:36:55
chauncy
Great but those seagulls will make a mess of your boat cover. My buddy Lenny moors there and hates the spiders and bird dung he has to clean out every weekend.
2017/03/14 18:39:03
opsman
Yeah, white gull poop on a black boat/cover  Nice!  Spiders?  Now that's a new one

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account