2017/03/09 16:35:06
BeenThereDoneThat.
Let me get back to you buddy, I feel your pain and I can't stop laughing. Fret not... there's hope.
2017/03/09 16:55:15
opsman
So for the continuing saga.  Dan Bickel just emailed me again.  Apologized for the wrong info.  The north dock at Linesville is like the docks at Jamestown.  They only have a 12' "bridge".  The issue is with the South dock at Linesville.  To make it ADA approved and keep the right slant to it the "bridge" had to be 26' long!!!!  Over twice the size of the other.  Even he conceded that everyone will be trying to use the north dock and that it might take a long boat to be able to back in and come anywhere close to the main dock.  I emailed him back and said even 26' long wouldn't be bad if the rail wasn't so high.  Maybe something can be worked out.....

2017/03/09 17:18:18
ICE NUT
the docks at Jamestown are no problem at all you shouls be able to launch there by yourself no problem.I also don't think the docks at Linesville are a problem also Ill find out in couple weeks when I put my boat in for the season. The bigger problem is the crowds even during the week!!
2017/03/09 17:27:15
opsman
You're right about the crowds, but I try to put in just before sunrise and usually get off by noon.  Please post or pm me if you put in before I do.  Like I said, the north dock won't be a problem, but try the south side dock.  Might be a little trickier.  I bet everyone tries to wait in line to use the North dock.
2017/03/09 17:38:46
opsman
Attachments are not available: Download requirements not met
Couldn't bet both docks in same pic at the right angle.  You can flip back and forth and see the difference in the gangway on the other picture (south dock) and this picture (north dock)

Attachment(s)

Attachments are not available: Download requirements not met
2017/03/09 18:04:02
CRAPPIE_SLAYER
Haven't used the linesville ramp for a few years since some jagoff decided to pass me and the other three people waiting to get into the docks and cut right in. Too much madness for me when there are many other places to launch on the north end. A little extra boat ride is worth avoiding the aggravation. New fishing pier looks nice though. Hopefully the shallower ramp helps people get loaded easier and makes it flow smoother for you guys that go there.
2017/03/09 18:44:24
opsman
I've thought about that.  Wilson looks to rough, Padanarum or one of the ramps around Tuttle?  Doesn't seem like that would be a bad trip to the islands, but I figured in this day and age that they all get the same pressure as Linesville.
2017/03/09 18:58:07
BeenThereDoneThat.
If the water is deep enough to float your boat from her bunks along the railings, you should have no problem getting on or off your trailer at either dock.

The biggest problem will be the same as with "every" launch ramp. Guys being held up by the "once a year and now I'm here" boaters, that all seem to show up at the same time.😩

But look at the bright side with Linesville..... can't launch those stupid, "takes forever" sailboats.😋
2017/03/09 20:01:34
mopars0
I usually put in by Duck & Drakes less hassle most of the time hit south of causeway anyways but sometimes I head up to the north end too .... nice little ride , like what was said ...
2017/03/09 20:55:47
BeenThereDoneThat.
I Don't mind launching at Jamestown and botor moating to Linesville I just wish before Memorial Day and after Labor Day I could use my BIG motor.

🚣 zoom zoom! 🚤

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account