2017/03/09 08:28:01
BeenThereDoneThat.
Stupid Groundhog........
2017/03/09 09:15:29
CRAPPIE_SLAYER
Went out bright and early, but the fish definitely didn't want to cooperate after being tossed around yesterday. For those interested, the dock is in at wilson.
2017/03/09 11:46:11
slabfinder
What a tease we had this year! 70 degrees in February now this. Wind and barely hitting 50! Another few weeks of this I guess!
2017/03/09 11:53:20
CAPTAIN HOOK
Ref (Tim), I'm still not sure what was going on at Conneaut Lake. My buddy says they (Fish Commission) were pulling nets up and they were scooping fish out yesterday. He claims there were some hog Walleyes being handled. Not sure if this is a milking process , or some kind of lake survey ? I thought Pymy was the only lake they netted milkers from but who knows . I've only fish Conny a few times over the years....no luck , but I hear it's more of a night bite lake.

Thunder , I concur.
2017/03/09 12:50:34
BeenThereDoneThat.
Stupid-er Groundhog!!!!
2017/03/09 15:18:40
opsman
Ok, just got back from a leisurely ride around the lake, after my fifteen mile detour since Rt 7 was closed from rt 88 to Kinsman!  BTW, Duck and Drake and New Bowers do NOT have their docks in yet.  No activity at all.  There were a few people on the causeway and a handful at the spillway.  No boats that I could see at Linesville.
 I took this pic today and for the life of me can't figure out how launching a boat is going to work, especially if you're by yourself. A person standing on the "bridge" would have almost 7' from the bow to the railing, trying to control the boat backward almost 15' (half the length of the entire dock til you reach a tie up cleat will be a hoot!  There is no rubber or protective device on the aluminum to prevent damage and if you look closely you can see rocks stacked right behind the decorative block! Is this done? Is it going to remain the way it is now?  A person alone will have to back in, go back and grab the bow rope, then either walk all the way back to step up on the walk, or try to jump up that four foot wall, lol!  I'm way too old for that ****!!  The lake might be down a little right now, but not much, because the stone abutment that is in front of the spillway is juuusst barely peeking out of the water.  When the lake is down, you can practically walk to stone all the way to the spillway without getting wet.   Anyhow, if you look close at the picture it sure looks like it's going to be a challenge.  At least the dock on the left side only has the metal ramp about half the distance as the one on the right  Gee, I wonder which dock everyone is going to flock to!!
I know I'm probably making a big deal about nothing, but since I just retired I was looking to hitting Linesville hard during the week when the pressure is off.  But since I will be alone, I really can't figure out an easy way around this.

2017/03/09 15:21:21
opsman
Attachments are not available: Download requirements not met

Attachment(s)

Attachments are not available: Download requirements not met
2017/03/09 15:48:53
outasync
Hate to tell you this but route 7 is actually open opsman. They haven't taken the signs down but they cleared out the fallen tree this morning. Still haven't started the work on restoring our power!
2017/03/09 15:55:33
opsman
lol  Thx.  Hadn't been to Greenville in ages!  Nice of them to leave the signs up!  Used to know all of those back roads, but it's been decades since I traveled
them
2017/03/09 16:02:33
opsman
So Dan just emailed me back and confirmed the lake is down about 4" from summer pool.  He said those docks are designed just like the ones in Jamestown, and that when you figure in vehicle and boat length that in most cases the boat is reaching the rub rail on the dock.  
Never thought I'd be typing this but...BTDT I need your opinion!!!  lol   Don't you launch out of Jamestown often?  What's it like?  Any issues?

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account