2017/03/04 23:16:39
BeenThereDoneThat.
Mopars I know you are right. I been sitting outside and I ain't heard one stupid peeper so I know it ain't my fault I ain't been catching nothing. 😝
2017/03/05 01:19:16
crappiefisher
old dog
too cold for these old bones, chris

Rich, I'll be up the north end Weds. on. You r welcome to stop in & warm up if you want. The peepers were going purdy good a couple Thursdays ago up there. Saw some fooling around in the shallow forget me nots in the bait tank eairler this week. Now u can ice skate on her.
2017/03/05 09:09:17
opsman
Good luck to you guys.  Monday and maybe Thursday look to be the best days.  Tuesday's a washout right now and Wednesday is going to be "surf's up".  I think I will take my time getting the boat ready this week and hope to start the season the following week.  If anyone makes it up to Linesville let me know if it's completely done and how much of a difference the newly graded ramp makes.  Couldn't really tell much when I was up there a month ago.  Still wondering about those rails that were in place on the first section of the dock.  Looks like they could be a pain....I might just take a ride up to look around so if you see a black Cherokee, stop and say hi
2017/03/05 11:40:03
crappiefisher
ops,

Was up 'bout a week ago. THINK it was gonna be open March 1st ?? Took some photos. The fishin' pier turned out very nice & is gonna be a hot spot. Thought they put in some fancy butt dispensers but turned out being lights. Bunches ov weed die off washed up at Wilson.

Think a 54" Ski was caught this past Thurs.

2017/03/05 11:49:17
opsman
Yep  Saw that new fish pier.  Nice. I Like that they finally gave the yakkers a place of their own to launch too!  Wish they would have put another ramp in though.  Just gets to stupid on the weekends.  Still think official launch opening is April 1st
Rich, along that train of thought, now I won't have to worry about weekend crowds   I can go up every day in the week if i want    If nothing else this week I can watch a couple of ppl launch on this new ramp.  I think they changed the grade to make it easier to power load a boat.   
Also curious to see how the new concession owners run the boat house.  I realize the last group was kind of doing them a favor by running it but really, there were mornings when no one would show before 7am!   Ah, for the old days when Frank ran the old wooden building and they slept in the place in order to be ready for the early crowd!
Has anyone heard what's going to happen to Tuttle now that Linesville is re-opening?  I know they opened it last year to handle some of the over flow caused by the Linesville closing.   Wondered if they were going to close it back down again
2017/03/05 13:05:14
crappiefisher
  Yea,

Think it is April Fools Day. I got mixed up with the March 1st Crappie regs. going into effect.
2017/03/05 13:16:35
opsman
Yep.  But when I was up there the docks were in and the gates were gone so there's no reason why you couldn't use the ramp now as far as I can tell.
2017/03/05 22:46:23
Rollingrock
Attachments are not available: Download requirements not met Attachments are not available: Download requirements not met Attachments are not available: Download requirements not met                              I was there today,it looks done except for about 10 feet of side walk to the dock on the right side The breaker wall looks really goo, it extends out to about where the no wake buoys were.The ramps angle is half of what it was 

Attachment(s)

Attachments are not available: Download requirements not met
2017/03/06 06:58:07
opsman
Hope that dock section with the railing isn't permanent   Going to be a pain if you have someone on the dock with the bow rope when backing in or trailering.  Not everyone powerloads their boat.  I liked it the way it was, never had to get the back tires of the vehicle anywhere near the water and the boat was off because of the incline.  If they really changed the grade that much it could be real interesting come summer and low water.
2017/03/06 08:00:52
Big Tuna
I think the railing section is permanent by looking at it.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account