2017/02/27 21:54:00
treesparrow
 Old fella used to take a swim every day at the Mill Creek Boat Launch on Clarion River. He swam right into late fall. I am not sure if he was fined but he was unable to keep doing it.
2017/02/27 22:52:42
BeenThereDoneThat.
Captain, unpowered boats are required to "display a white light, mounted or handheld, in time to avoid a collision". I would assume this rule would hold true with flotation devices also.

Not uncommon to see flashlights suddenly waving from unpowered boats when fishing past sundown or before sunrise.

Treesparrow not uncommon to see swimmers and tubers using PFBC maintained launch facilities. Likewise, not uncommon for people to exceed speedlimits while driving a car or my favorite, the doorknobs who ignore the "no wake" laws. So the old saying goes; sometimes you get the bear, but sometimes the bear gets you.

The issue remains, flotation devices used as swimming aids are not permitted to be launched or retrieved at PFBC maintained facilities.

Some food for thought; does this include "float tubes"?
2017/02/28 09:57:26
BeenThereDoneThat.

The issue remains, flotation devices used as swimming aids are not permitted to be launched or retrieved at PFBC maintained facilities.

http://pfbc.pa.gov/fishpu...ryad/pfbcproperty.html

Float tubes or similar devices are permitted while fishing on Fish & Boat Commission lakes so long as the device contains two air bladder systems. It may not be propelled by a mechanical device. The user must wear a Coast Guard-approved personal flotation device.
2017/02/28 11:54:27
BeenThereDoneThat.
rsquared
BeenThereDoneThat.

http://pfbc.pa.gov/fishpu...ryad/pfbcproperty.html

Float tubes or similar devices are permitted while fishing on Fish & Boat Commission lakes so long as the device contains two air bladder systems. It may not be propelled by a mechanical device. The user must wear a Coast Guard-approved personal flotation device.

Thanks rsquared, I know what the ruling is regarding the use of float tubes. I provided a link, some weeks back, when you questioned the use of the device. Also, I believe there is a revision regarding "multiple" air chambers, but I'll leave that for another day.

Because tubes and other swim devices are not permitted to be launched or retrieved at PBFC maintained facilities, are "float tubes" included? Also, parking of motor vehicles at such sights for the use of said devices is prohibited.

PBFC maintain many launch facilities, all requiring registration or permits before allowing said use.
2017/02/28 13:07:29
marco
was up there sat.  had to run to Linesville in morning.  going past spillway I see a boat right in front of chain where water comes under  road.  I stopped and watched.  one guy in boat and one guy on concrete.  in 10 mins I watched them catch 1 walley, 1 carp, one nice perch and a couple gills on sonars.  they were locals and they were talking about the amount of walleye they catch.  they were nice and gave me a few tips.  they said one local up there catches over 300 eyes a year and feeds them to his dogs.  the guy in the boat said he already limited out once on eyes on the early ice.  the guy on the concrete said he had been there 4 hours..never stopped jigging!  fyi..they do best at night.  btdt and registered..you hearing this.  get some warm clothes and lights and get up there and find the eyes.  soon as you two figure it out I will join you.  CANT WAIT TO HEAR FORM YOU GUYS!
2017/02/28 13:43:29
Big Tuna
Marco, you missed the boat another unbelievable day on the bay.  60 toads  came home,I got 5 that where dam near 2 lbs each. 1 steelhead getting prepped for the smoker. Limited out pretty early,made my buddy go in shallow by the cat tails,cast and crank. Gills all around 8.5" no crappie,several 8"-9" perch. He didn't want to fish for gills or crappie,he gave me 20 minutes to fish. lol I kept 17 gills and pumpkin seeds all around 8.5 " in 20 minutes. If you wanted you could have 50 gills in 2 hours. No crappie but the locals said they pounded them Sunday. I told you you got to fish at night on Pymy. I'm losing my taste for eyes,these friggen perch are off the charts for eating. I'll be heading back up even though it's going to get cold the fish are there now. First trip water temp 34 yesterday 37, at 45 degrees they spawn and a week later their history. I'm not missing out this year,my freezer has room no ice fishing. P.I. Will make up forget about other lakes " reel" quick. Good fishing to all. After I'm done with the perch,I'll go get some spillway eyes mid March is peak Marco nothing changes we just get older. lol
2017/02/28 14:09:11
marco
big tuna,  congrats!  sound like an awesome day.  too much work to do on the cottage right now. not to worry, when you are working this summer I will send you some good reports!
2017/03/01 08:20:51
thunderpole
I know its to early bla bla bla anyone got a water temp?
2017/03/01 15:15:58
BeenThereDoneThat.
Not too early at all. I was at the causeway ay Espyville 5 days ago. At and along the south face of the wall the surface temp was 40 degrees F. Elsewhere the temp averaged 38 degrees.

Buddy, Walleye Bill, dropped a heavy fish and caught a nice perch.
2017/03/01 19:18:17
CRAPPIE_SLAYER
Was out on the north end last Friday. Showed a surface temp of 48 in shallower water, and 43 in 15ft.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account