2016/11/27 19:19:39
chauncy
I fished the Jamestown area today. Put five keeper perch in the box out of eight caught. No crappies or gills caught. First time all year I didn't catch a crappie. These perch will be delicious tho.
2016/11/29 13:29:35
crawlerman2
I've been following this thread and I am amazed at the lack of walleye.  I used to go to Pymatuning all the time when I was young (25ish years ago).  My friends dad had a boat docked and a camper there.  Didn't matter what time of year we always caught walleye, and a great keeper to short ratio.  What has happened to all of the walleye?
2016/11/29 13:38:14
BeenThereDoneThat.
Pennstate Fish and Biology Commission. But that's just my guess.
2016/11/30 07:33:47
Big Tuna
Anybody fish the docks at Jamestown? 
2016/11/30 11:13:34
BeenThereDoneThat.
BT I was fishing the marina area at Jamestown and there was numerous anglers coming and going fishing the docks.

I saw very little catching going on and I spoke to three guys fishing the outer most docks and their reports were sketchy at best.

I scanned the area from the docks out to 30ft and saw absolutely no fishy pictures even over what appeared to be some type of structure.

Of course we both know, this time of year, things change constantly and with my luck, the slabs could of started hitting hot and heavy, five minutes after I left.

I won't spot burn but if you contact a certain aquantince whose name I shall not drop BUT, who owns a grocery store, I'm thinking certain "slip numbers" may be obtainable which could produce some tasty fish.

I can attest to the spot as last year I was able to post a picture of a nice bucket of fish caught from there.

I do have a friend who will attest to the bucket of fish I posted.

Mean while I shall look forward, to some day, meeting you on the Pymie.
2016/11/30 13:20:47
ICE NUT
I have fished the docks several times in last couple weeks.One trip wife and I did ok 2 slab nice crappies numerous bull gills and a few perch.2nd trip lots small perch and few nice gills no crappie the 3rd was a bust other than a beautiful day. From my observation no one has been killing them from the docks that I know of.
2016/12/01 06:06:42
Big Tuna
Thanks nut. Guess I'll ride out gun season and hope to see legal buck that poses long enough to count those points.lol I sure hoping for a good long ice season,but it doesn't look promising so far.
2016/12/01 10:50:20
chauncy
Hard to catch many quality fish there as those docks get hit hard every day by the same guys. The fish don't have a chance to regroup. I know someone that's been there twenty straight days and he keeps everything he catches. Keep hunting those deer, BT.
2016/12/01 18:58:24
CRAPPIE_SLAYER
Big Tuna
I sure hoping for a good long ice season,but it doesn't look promising so far.

I'm with you Tuna. Hoping the ice season is better than last year.
2016/12/01 22:24:49
CAPTAIN HOOK
crawlerman2
  What has happened to all of the walleye?

There still around there ! Full moon is best at midnight.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account