2016/11/18 10:55:02
Porktown
I'd take those euro-perch.  The zander is supposed to be elusive.  Arthur walleye are elusive enough as it is.

I've watched shows about peacock bass fishing in Florida.  I'd love to catch one.
2016/11/18 11:08:35
BeenThereDoneThat.
One of my first trips to Pymie this past Spring there was a inspection station at the Jamestown launch. It was set up on a volunteer bases and it involved a visual inspection of boat and trailer for signs of "aquatic hitch hikers" followed by questions concerning my last where-a-bouts, time frame, use of live well(s) and sterilation procedures.

For my trouble (which really wasn't) I received my choice of a floaty key chain or a bobber. I chose the....... (sorry, no spot burning).

No other time have I seen or heard of inspections, this year, except for, "Coast Guard Boat Safety" inspections at Shenango.

I'm not against controling any invasive species in our fields, forest or, waters. But I do find the BS we are fed to be insulting. Hydrilla has and will always be a problem, spreading and forming huge mats. That's what it does.

Application of herbicide can and should be applied in a more controlled manner and not just dumped into the waters from carbouys sitting on a fast moving boat.

These herbicides are "non-selective" and eradicate all aquatic growth.
2016/11/19 02:12:44
treesparrow
   There was a major meeting of Limnologists ( who were gov. fisheries employees), along with representatives from shipping companies ( Great Lakes), and Political Elite. The Shipping Companies prevailed over the treating of bilge because they convinced the Politician's that it would cost them to much to treat the bilge. This was before zebras and gobies and so much more. Do not forget you can get a permit to raise Cobras and Gabon Vipers in Florida. Is that insane.
   Laws, a government agency gave permission for  Silver Carp to be used in Cat Fish ponds to eat weeds. I fish dwindling native weed beds for pike in Georgian Bay due to the aquarium introduction of Eurasian Milfoil.
   The Hunters and Foresters in the east have not yet realized the coming habitat destruction of the Bush Honeysuckle. The Audubon should be having fits over this calamity. Another 10 years and it will be apparent to all.
   Even the Mosquito that carries the West Niles and Zika  viruses was an introduced species. So is the Deer Tick an introduced species. No one can convince me we do not need more stringent laws. Some introductions will happen but vigilance is desperately needed. Laws only work when the populous cares.
2016/11/19 11:09:55
crappiefisher
Fishing Fox
Has the work at the Linesville Marina been completed?

Just got back from a week at Linesville. Went to Wilson instead. Stoped at the Linesville launch last month & sign said closed for 16. The work looks great from the water view. Have a couple photos but don't know how to post.

Welcome to the forums.

crappy
2016/11/20 11:32:34
LetMeBeFishing
It would be nice if we could see the pictures you took. Maybe someone can help you down load them.
Thanks
2016/11/20 12:50:56
CAPTAIN HOOK
And people and companies wonder why restrictions and red tape come about from States and Federal Government agencies .............because of total abuse , defiance, self profit, and no regards for the well being of nature or other people !  That's why ! 
2016/11/20 19:11:06
Fishing Fox
Crappy Thanks for the welcome and the info on Linesville Marina.
An article last week in the Meadville paper stated that the project completion at Jamestown will be delayed into this Spring due to the slow process in removing the coffer dam.
2016/11/23 23:59:27
crappiefisher
LetMeBeFishing
It would be nice if we could see the pictures you took. Maybe someone can help you down load them.
Thanks

I'll see if my son will post 'em in the next day or so. Lot ov stone work done. Early Oct. heavy equip. was still there with the gate closed. I love workin' with stone & slate. Dang back is still tight from doin' stone foundation at camp last week & still gotta finish the slate patio before the earth freezes. 22   8' bed truck loads ov red oak/hickory & maple ain't helpin' any either. One ov these days gotta wet a line again.

crappy
2016/11/24 09:50:31
crappiefisher
 That's what happens if you have a 200 yr. old house & a 100 +++ yr. old house 

2016/11/27 16:15:36
CRAPPIE_SLAYER
Dusted off the waders for a few this afternoon. Hit a few familiar spots looking for some perch but struck out. Lots of guys on the north end putting up stands and checking their spots for tomorrow.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account