2016/11/14 10:19:00
BeenThereDoneThat.
Finally after nearly 5 months, I return to the prestine waters of Pymatuning.

Launched the Fish Hawk at Jamestown with absolutely no problem.

Water temperature is reading 50 degrees at the surface and appears to be moderately clear.

Beautiful Bluebird afternoon with light wind from the SW making for a great cross lake drift pushing the Hawk and I at .5 MPH.

Began fishing at the old Marina making two passes from West to East before moving slightly South and to the East looking for what I could see.

Eventually tossing a few jigs and Sonars along the West shore near the now vacated new Marina.

A few boats were already on the water with a couple more coming in at a later time.

Also people fishing from and around the now empty boat slips.

As some know, I don't always spot burn but when I do........

Stupid fish !!! 😕
2016/11/15 00:15:49
Fishing Fox
Has the work at the Linesville Marina been completed?
2016/11/15 21:08:03
CAPTAIN HOOK
Pymatuning has been super clear past few trips.
Excellent visibility with low winds and nice Fall temperatures.

Weeds are still fairly thick along shallows.
Fishing conditions have been perfect, but fish catching has been slow !
Freezer is just about empty of fin and fur. Time to replenish soon ! 
No fish tonight but sure was nice to be out . 

2016/11/15 22:30:33
BeenThereDoneThat.
HEYYyyy Capt. I think that's me wayyyy down there at the other end.

Not sure but that looks like about the time I was getting out.

What a great afternoon with a light breeze and beautiful sunshine. Well until around 4:20 PM when the Sun went behind clouds to about 4:25 PM when I went under a sweatshirt followed by a hoody at 4:30 PM.

Did I mention it got pretty darned cool when the Sun moved behind some clouds?

Bumped and thumped a Sonar off the bottom before switching to lead core and towing a gold colored thing-a-ma-bob with a plastic lip.

Missed a couple hits, I think from snags, while jigging the Sonar but I did catched a real nice Crappie, from 28 ft of water while tapping the bottom.

Lead core produced one really good snag but with some good luck, I was able to recover the lure of which, I can't remember the dam name. Not that it matters much because the thingy didn't produce. Except that I think my memory is fading and I am showing signs of old-timers.

Not to worry, I think it was a mild temporary case as I did find my car and trailer in just a short while. It was parked beside the only other vehicle, in the marina parking lot.

Looking forward to doing it again tomorrow afternoon if, I can remember what the hell I was doing at the beginning of this story.
2016/11/16 12:21:48
marco
I have my waders laid out and boat ready to go....I think I will just work on the cottage again this weekend.  if anybody catches a walleye, let me know and I will start fishing!
2016/11/16 12:28:56
marco
fyi,  I saw big tuna yesterday.  He looks good!  He had one helluva operation.  Glad he is doing well.  Maybe he will have a change of heart now and tell us all his walleye secrets.  What do you think big tuna????
2016/11/16 13:52:35
Big Tuna
Back in the day Marco no secrets. 19 fow off Snodgrass sonars silver buddies. Caught limits till it got so cold you couldn't take it. A couple days before Thanksgiving was the  end for me. When the line froze I quit. I've never been that cold in all my life even ice fishing, nice 20 mph north winds,2 feet  plus  walleye chop lol mixed with a heavy wet snow, being the idiot I am had to get my limit. Ah to be young and dumb again. Good luck guys,my mind wants to do everything but my body says different. This mending time sucks. I did spend 3 hours in my Ohio ground blind yesterday. I sucked in a feral cat and had some ground hog size fox squirrels torment me till dark,no deer. Been hunting for 51 years and may get the skunk,I've killed at least one deer but mostly several each year and as high as 12 one year. Don't get riled up hunted 4 states all legal.
2016/11/16 14:01:31
marco
thanks for the tip big tuna?  Glad you got out.  you still have 2 weeks left in 2b.  if you get one and need help ...call me?   good luck brother...keep me updated!
2016/11/16 16:56:17
CAPTAIN HOOK
Heard rumors the Dam construction won't be done till next Spring. Something to do with contractors being changed out.

Also heard there has been a new form of weed growth found in Pymy. and it's not good !

Once again all rumors, but they are saying this weed is trouble in the future, doesn't die off as easy so it becomes even thicker and bigger. They say biologist are seriously looking into this newer weed growth. If anybody hears more please post ,my source is usually pretty good so I'd say there is something going on. Hope it's mainly due to lower water conditions and warm weather but who knows. 

Last evening on Pymy.

2016/11/16 22:00:12
XtopwaterkingX
You talking about the hydrilla?

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account