2015/08/14 07:56:30
marco
I did do shenango yesterday.  brought home about 20 crappies...a few perch and some nice gills.  most caught trolling nano divers.  also lost 1 giant striper at boat and caught at least 50 white bass or hybrids or small stripers.  I cant tell the difference.  my buddy wants to eat them (he eats anything) but we are afraid that we will have a live well full of small stripers and get nailed.  anybody know an easy way to tell the difference between a white perch, white bass, hybrid and stripers?  good day on water!  I know this is wrong forum...sorry.

2015/08/14 08:35:12
Porktown
There really is no easy way to tell the difference of white bass and hybrids under 15".  Usually when they get larger, you can tell their outward appearance a bit more.  More pronounced lines on the wiper, and dark back.  White perch don't have all of the lines.  I think a lateral line only.  

There is a tongue patch that is the only true way to tell them apart, but is really small, even in a 25" wiper.  I can't imagine it is very easy to distinguish in 12" fish.
2015/08/14 09:23:52
ICE NUT
Wife and I fished pyme  yesterday launched at Snodgrass at noon and fished the entire evening.I did my best and tried everything drifted jigs and crawlers, trolled flicker shads and also trolled crawler harness but only could manage a few catfish and a small perch. Was a really nice day out there though a good breeze and not too hot was fun but sure wish the fishing would improve.
2015/08/14 10:03:12
crappiefisher
  Bought a house over the weekend a couple miles from the Linesville Marina. Is the fishin' any good that end ov lake in the fall?

Thank You,
  Crappy
2015/08/14 11:20:05
BeenThereDoneThat.
Congratulations Crappy..................  when are ya holdin' open house? 

PS.  I prefer my walleye and crappie deep fried in beer batter.  (Schiltz if ya don't mind).
2015/08/14 11:39:27
Porktown
crappiefisher
  Bought a house over the weekend a couple miles from the Linesville Marina. Is the fishin' any good that end ov lake in the fall?

Thank You,
  Crappy

Congrats DuUd!  You guys moving up that way or a vacation place?  Can't imagine you will do any better fishing in the fall than you already do.
2015/08/14 11:47:04
BeenThereDoneThat.
marco
I did do shenango yesterday.  brought home about 20 crappies...a few perch and some nice gills.  most caught trolling nano divers.  also lost 1 giant striper at boat and caught at least 50 white bass or hybrids or small stripers.  I cant tell the difference.  my buddy wants to eat them (he eats anything) but we are afraid that we will have a live well full of small stripers and get nailed.  anybody know an easy way to tell the difference between a white perch, white bass, hybrid and stripers?  good day on water!  I know this is wrong forum...sorry.

Marco I don't know if this information will help but, it makes for some interesting reading for the next time nature calls.

http://fishandboat.com/pafish/fishhtms/chap21.htm

Certainly is better to be safe than sorry when it comes to the hybrids so, anything under twenty inches is back to the water for me.  I'm sure looking forward to my first legal hybrid.
2015/08/14 13:48:29
crappiefisher
Porktown
crappiefisher

Thank You,
  Crappy

Congrats DuUd!  You guys moving up that way or a vacation place?  Can't imagine you will do any better fishing in the fall than you already do.

wISHIN' & hope'n a couple ov my sons move up there  Buttt more than likely a place to get away & work on fixin' up & cut grass 

crappy
2015/08/14 13:58:55
crappiefisher
  BTDT,

I lost my beer batter recipe for Bass so was lookin' for a new one. Trade for a fish fry??

2015/08/14 14:22:16
marco
btdt,  thanks for info.  Crappie, congrats on the house.  Don't give out address here unless you want lots of new friends.  My dream to retire there.  my wife....florida....we have a problem!!...lol    icenut....if you just wanna catch fish now till pymy picks up try shenango...we had a ball yesterday...it will keep me occupied till the eye bite starts again!

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account