2016/09/26 22:43:16
LetMeBeFishing
Old Dog, Thank you for the advise. What is some good ways to fish the area. 
2016/09/27 22:59:45
woodnickle
or a fat crawler
2016/10/09 20:07:23
CAPTAIN HOOK
Very rare site on Pymy....maybe once every 75 years or so .......

2016/10/10 08:22:54
roygpa
The lake is so low, how is the water high enough to flow over the spillway, or are they pumping it to keep the river flowing? What am I missing here?
Had to get my pontoon pulled over the weekend,  before it was on dry land.
It will be easier to get the dock out now that it is halfway on dry land.  :)

Edit: I guess you didn't say the picture was taken recently. :)
2016/10/10 09:16:38
CAPTAIN HOOK
Roy , they have taken out two of the big block size slabs that hold back the water on the over flow. Bringing the lake level down at least 3-4 feet. They have and continue to let water out at a lower lake level. It will not drop anymore then the level it is now as far as I see. They are working on the weir and have the water completely pumped out to the bottom with the surrounding metal barriers. They are rebuilding and repairing the whole stone block and mortar  building. It's a major project but it's looking great.
2016/10/10 09:40:25
roygpa
Thanks Captain, now i understand. Did you try fishing there when you were there? Bet the walleye from the river are loving that water flow.

Roy
2016/10/10 21:02:38
CAPTAIN HOOK
I did mess around but didn't have any luck. Will be heading back up in a week or two to the lake. Haven't had much luck in the that lower river past few years but that's just me. Use to be a good Walleye producer years ago, I got some nice ones in the past, but I believe it's been removed from the Walleye stocking list years now. I don't even catch small ones there but I've not seriously fished it much past two years. Just gave up after multiple trips and nothing. Would like to hear other river reports from guys that do fish it steady just wonder if any Walleye action exist.

It's a shame because they have done a lot of nice work on that lower river section for fishermen and even handicapped people . Lots of parking and bathrooms close too.....
just no fish ! Nothing.....  I don't understand the reasoning.
2016/10/11 00:27:43
VKT
You can still get some nice eyes out of the river, just have to find the right holes.
I agree it's not as good as it used to be though.
2016/10/13 07:40:06
CAPTAIN HOOK
The over flow now, a better view of what's going on. Two sections out .

2016/10/13 09:52:48
treesparrow
How low is the lake, and is it low enough to make any ramps unusable?

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account