2016/08/16 20:03:07
mopars0
At least I know I'm not the only one not fishing .... Heck I don't even want to mow my grass in this crazy heat & humidity ...Figured not hearing from BTDT things are really bad for him not to take a boat ride ....then tell us Stupid Fish stuff ..... Lol .... Oh well Fall is coming ..... But just not fast enough 😜🍺
2016/08/16 23:03:47
CAPTAIN HOOK
Marco , I've been laying low in this heat just can't get fired up yet.
I feel guilty looking at my boat and boots just laying around ! Reels got dust on too !
My fish freezer is starting to look a little empty so I'm starting to get my arm loosened up for casting soon. As soon as it cools a little I'm going to roll out and hit those Pymy shores.
We'll see how that Fall bite goes, I had a good Spring on Walleye up there.  
2016/08/16 23:56:41
BeenThereDoneThat.
mopars0
At least I know I'm not the only one not fishing .... Heck I don't even want to mow my grass in this crazy heat & humidity ...Figured not hearing from BTDT things are really bad for him not to take a boat ride ....then tell us Stupid Fish stuff ..... Lol .... Oh well Fall is coming ..... But just not fast enough 😜🍺

AHEMMMmmmm........... Not mentioning any names but somebody talking about a certain remodeling project earlier this year just happen to give the spouse of another somebody, not mentioning any names, some ideas about remodeling.  So that somebody, has been busy with a not planned new project involving three doors installed with two painted and two needing installed leading to three more new doors requiring paint......... thank-you very much.

***********************************************************************************************************
***********************************************************************************************************

marco
chaunc,  have not had a day off from work in 6 weeks,,,i am goin get up there this fall,,saving my time...I appreciate your advise!...keep posting...we love hearing how bad you make us look!,,,,kidding..you earned it... there is a couple guys are here know who they are..we are gonna show you one day!....we may be in wheel chairs...but we will keep trying!  tight lines brother!!!

Nooooooo you don't Marco, don't be trying to get me into another fishing contest, I ain't nooooo way  going up against Chauncy, the man is good.
2016/08/17 13:15:03
mopars0
BeenThereDoneThat.
mopars0

AHEMMMmmmm........... Not mentioning any names but somebody talking about a certain remodeling project earlier this year just happen to give the spouse of another somebody, not mentioning any names, some ideas about remodeling.  So that somebody, has been busy with a not planned new project involving three doors installed with two painted and two needing installed leading to three more new doors requiring paint......... thank-you very much
lol not mentioning any names either but you're very welcome.... I'm sure the not mentioned spouses name of somebody is very happy with the remodeling job or should I say JOBS 😃 ..... We just mowed the yards again that would be our yard and the 2 widow ladies neighbor's yards this morning thought it might slow down but not !!! Hey here it come ya ready .... STUPID GRASS !!!! Ok I hope Fall gets here soon only 2 bags of walleye & crappie left in freezer.... 3 pounds if deer burger this is getting serious .... Ok back to CNN ... Later
2016/08/17 22:53:16
Big Tuna
Marco, I'd wait till fall to fish Pymy. I'm sure if you trolled some deeper water with leadcore and tots or raps you could pick up a few eyes. Many moons ago did well in the fall,casting the shoreline and night fishing with nice size creek chubs off the points with deep water close by. Also many moons ago 18 fow off Snodgrass with sonars and silver buddies put a hurting on those eyes many,many limits. I called it surf and turf,ducks at dawn and eyes all day long. I never been that cold as the day before Thanksgiving one year, stiff northwest wind about 20mph and falling temps to about 28 degrees. Ice on the guides and way underdressed but had to stay till I limited out.lol Been working since two weeks before Easter without a day off. I thinking about hunting,can't wait early goose,old man doe season with a high power,bow season bunnies with my Bella dog. Drove by my Ohio spot and saw a dandy buck about 40 yards from my ground blind eating soy beans, be looked really nice for mid July. Had a nice 8 with 9-10 inch brows 100 yards from my front door. So I'm ready.
2016/08/19 12:15:32
marco
I hear ya big tuna....boys put up stands for me and I just ordered a new bow...cant wait till fall!  but the problem arises..do I hunt or do I fish?  that question drives me nuts all fall!

2016/08/22 08:43:19
chauncy
Had a fantastic day on the panfish Sunday. We put fifty seven fish in the cooler between the two of us. Threw back thirty more. Caught crappies, gills, perch, and rockbass on plastics fished over brush. Water temps were seventy seven and the fish were holding twelve foot down. If you can't catch walleyes, don't go home empty handed. Lots of eleven inchers caught and the keeper gills were eight inchers.
2016/08/22 10:44:03
treesparrow
chauncy, You make me think about my fishing transformation. Years ago I spent much of my time fishing panfish and I nearly always brought home meals. Now I chase the eyes and it is iffy, and I do not even fish in the heat of summer. I prefer gills on the table to all other freshwater fish. I think I am going to rethink my venue. 
2016/08/22 19:37:52
Big Tuna
We all go back to our roots. 90 percent of my fish dinners are slabs and bulls. I love the early ice out bite on Panfish and fish 4 or 5 days a week when we have ice. I've gotta make hay when I can. Unfortunately I just can't summer fish. November threw mid April. Nothing like the pull of 9.5 bull on 2lb test ice fishing. Trouble is my first day off will November 1 st and I love to hunt,maybe more than fish.  Last year I was cranking in gills and slab in December open water. Just so much to do in 5 months off, I'm getting old and don't want to miss anything thing life short. Geese,ducks,squirrel,rabbit,deer and Turkey. About the only thing I don't hunt are stocked ringnecks. Killed hundreds when I had a bird dog but prefer not to hunt on gamelands. I haven't steelhead fished in years but planning on two or three trips this winter,for old times. I want to smoke a couple for the holidays. Good fishing gents, my times coming but so is Christmas.lol
2016/08/22 20:19:26
treesparrow
I have been missing my old days of chasing gills and crappy. I still try to hit Erie once or twice a year for Perch.
The Walleye in Erie have an off taste to me and the Smallmouth are horrid at least the couple footballs that we dragged up from 55 ft. Perhaps due to large size, however they would have died anyway, bladder sticking out of their mouths.
   I like to fish for the table and panfish are great. Catch and release works fine for me with most large gamefish, other than Eye's, and winter Pike.  

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account