2016/07/12 11:00:21
marco
btdt...you have me roflmao ...and you leave me speechless!!!
2016/07/13 07:32:44
ICE NUT
Well here's my fishing report for the last couple weeks. Fished out of numerous launches ,Tuttle,Manning,Espyville and Snodgrass. Ive caught 7 Keeper walleyes and wife one.a few hammer handles, quite a few nice bluegills and very few crappies.We drift mostly with jigs and crawlers havn't trolled at all.Lots of catfish also.Overall IMHO the fishing is slow,the bluebird skies and hot!!!!! weather has a lot to do with it.I cant take those 90 Degree days at all.I have talked to numerous trollers some have a few some none at all.A couple in my campground said they got 42 keepers so far this year and yesterday he got a 26 incher. Overall to sum it up fishing benn ok but I cant wait for some cooler weather!!!!!! Tight lines to all
2016/07/13 11:54:59
ICE NUT
old dog yes my favorite thing is sitting around a campfire drinking a few cold ones after a days fishing.Its the heat of the day I cant take anymore now that I'm an oldster!!!!! From what I'm hearing to do better on the walleyes you need to fish a nite. I have enough trouble launching and loading and not falling out of the boat during daylight!!!!! I'll leave that to the young guys I need my beauty sleep!!!!!
2016/07/17 07:55:04
BeenThereDoneThat.
Just my luck, yesterday I finished my ' YOU, best get-r-done list' and set plans to hit the lake this morning.  

Awoke as planned, at 4:30 AM (waaaait for it) poked my head through the window curtains to see what I could see and, I could barely see the spot light shining on the American flag, fifty feet from the house.  

Man-O-man it was foggy but I wasn't about to let the situation put a damper on my day, so I immediately shifted to plan "B"....... 
2016/07/17 08:08:33
Walleye jigs
I solved that problem! I took my hand held GPS  with me that has that back track feature and tracked my course. After that  when the fog was so thick you could barely see the water I'd  go to the front of the line and launch my boat with others telling me I  was crazy. Once I was on the move and out of sight I'd  turn on my GPS and usually get an extra hour or so fishing before anyone else. Just follow the dotted line. But I have to say it's a little spooky fishing in the clouds.
2016/07/17 08:15:54
marco
bdth..headin today...will be fishing today and tom..hope to see you there..good luck!!!
2016/07/17 08:18:36
BeenThereDoneThat.
Walleye jigs
 Once I was on the move and out of sight I'd  turn on my GPS and usually get an extra hour or so fishing before anyone else. Just follow the dotted line. But I have to say it's a little spooky fishing in the clouds.

"But I have to say it's a little spooky fishing in the clouds."         Nope........  I ain't gonna touch it.

2016/07/17 08:36:35
Walleye jigs
Behave yourself BT this is a family friendly site. Besides I have my finger on the button!
2016/07/17 17:32:32
mopars0
Have to admit haven't been doing much fishing so BTDT has been entertaining me. I did go fishing once with heavy fog at Wilhelm. Launched at launch 3 had a 14' boat couldn't see in front of your face, headed up toward 79 figured I'd jig in a few of the small bays. Anyhow putted along in fear of running into someone took forever to get there .... So I get there put anchor out figured ok Crappie's here I come . About 1 1/2 HR later fogs lifts to my surprise I'm sitting maybe 50 yards from the launch that I left from .... Yepper I was just running in circles ... My son was probably 15 now he will be 40 and he still brings that trip up to all his friend when I'm around ....so yes I have a bigger boat and GPS / finder which I use ....
2016/07/17 22:39:20
BeenThereDoneThat.
I did it, yeah I did, I went fishing on the Great Pymie this very afternoon.      However because of the stupid fish, there was no catching.......,  stupid fish!   Oh, I did catch a nice snag (felt like a sunken boat, or sumthin) so if any yinz happen to find a crayfish-colored Hot-N-Tot, keep it, cause the stupid thing can't catch any stupid fish!

Even though it was a typical non-catching event for me, the trip was worth making because, I got to say howdy to a lovely couple from the Pittsburgh area.  Marcos and his lovely wife were fishing just south of the causeway and it wasn't hard to spot their Lund with that brand new shiny 60 horse hanging off the stern.  

Ummmm, by the way Marcos, sorry about............   screwing up your trolling.     OOPS!   

Not likely for me to be fishing Pymie tomorrow buddy, so I'm thinking your luck will increase two fold and yinz will catch a bunch.

As for my fishing report...........  stupid fish!!! 

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account