2016/07/10 22:23:31
mopars0
Well guess I'm not missing anything 😜 I have got a lot of work done though .... Things will pick up , I'm sure ......Good luck to all 🍺🍺
2016/07/11 05:45:16
CRAPPIE_SLAYER
Was out Saturday afternoon. 2 short eyes and the regular perch/catfish mix. Sailboats were out in full force having fun on a windy day.
2016/07/11 12:59:22
StewFc
Made it up yesterday, Sunday July 10. I believe it will be my last trip of the year. The lake is now a catfish pond. Cats and dink perch ALL DAY!!! Yeah, I get that I should be happy about catching fish, but traveling that distance round trip in one day increases my demands on the lake....which it has lived up to in past years.
2016/07/11 13:27:48
marco
stewfc,  you just ruined my day.  wife and I are going up sunday and Monday.  because of health issues I have not fished for 2 month.  hopefully it will change!!!

2016/07/11 13:44:49
woodnickle
stewfc agree the lake has a closed mouth on legal eyes....fished Thursday with a bunch of perch small gills and small cats being caught....even drove from the dam to The point...a 1hr and a half ride on the toon and still disappointed
2016/07/11 14:01:31
StewFc
marco.......I should qualify my statement by disclosing that nobody has ever accused me of hogging up all the legal 'eyes!!! You will have a day filled with catching fish, and that's not all bad. Also, maybe try self hypnosis telling yourself that catfish are the bees knees....THEN you'll be delighted.

Mikastorm......I forgot to mention that we fished crawlers all up and down the water column and we did not catch one single crappie!!! Sorry, marco....ignore that.
2016/07/11 14:34:43
marco
its ok...I just cant wait to get on the water.  if the fish are not biting I just pretend I am practicing for the October bite w btdt and registered.  but we did not do that well last October either! lollol  its still my favorite place to be!!!!!
2016/07/11 14:53:20
roygpa
From what little information that I was able to gather last week (I spent the week there) the walleyes were biting at night and people are picking them up trolling in fairly shallow water. Less than 10 feet. People were pretty tight lipped with the details. Also heard some people are picking up walleye near the dam on leeches, but didn't get the time of day.
We didn't fish that much last week but when we did we caught the same as everyone else, catfish, perch and a couple of decent bluegills. I followed in btdt's footsteps and was shutout. My daughter did most of the catching, I think it was because she was trying to read a book and the fish somehow knew that.  I did read the book "The Revenant" while I was there. It's a good read. Haven't seen the movie yet, but I am pretty sure the main character gets mauled by a bear in it too. :)
2016/07/12 07:37:16
BeenThereDoneThat.
I been busier than, a wallpaper hanger with a double dose of poison ivy, what with company staying over, tearing out a built-in faux fire place/entertainment center and needing to replace a section of railing around the now, open basement steps. 

Been staying in touch and from what I been reading, it is possible, there may be a need for a Catfish Derby  and fish fry on the Pymie.  

While cutting boards (that always seem to end up too short(stupid saw)), I'm seeing  the event being held at Roygpa's place where all Catfish will be turned over to Marco for official weighing and cleaning in preparation for cooking, by Old Dog.

There will be three award category's; 1. Most weight; 2. Biggest Fish; 3. Fish Eating Contest (cooks/preppers excluded) and the awards will be plaques made with Magic Marker and all the pieces of scrap lumber, now laying on my garage floor.   

All those in favor, especially those agreeing Marco should be the official weigh-in/prepper, please raise your hand. 

Gotta run, need more wood, til next time tight lines and good times.

PS.  BYOBeer
2016/07/12 10:19:25
CAPTAIN HOOK
Revenant was a great movie, seen it on the big screen months ago. Talk about a guy with bad luck go see this film.
No fishing lately, but if I was chasing Walleye it would be at night that's their normal feeding time.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account