2016/06/20 09:06:30
roygpa
The lake was super clear this weekend. Could see bottom in nearly 10 feet of water. Discovered that the object we have been snagging on when fishing off the dock was part of a tree. :)
2016/06/20 17:56:52
marco
wife got me a cabin in ohio for fathers day.  we went up last nite relaxed w some old friends and was totally entertained by the dozens of very young amish kids.  got up at 4 on lake at 530.  went down below stockers island trying to find a place that the amish had caught a bunch of fish the previous morn.  wasted 2 hours.  finally went north where I know the lake better.  for an hour and a half w a good wind we caught 2 eyes 4 perch  one super nice crappie and a bunch of cats.  I was thinking this a gonna be a gang buster day.  then a storm ran us off the lake.  that killed 2 hours and then the wind quit and it died.  not a bite for 1.5 hours so we headed home.  great time on my favorite lake w my son and my beautiful wife.  would not trade it for anything!

2016/06/21 00:35:54
LetMeBeFishing
Has anyone been fishing the past week at all on the south western end. Wanted to go up and see if I could be bring home the bacon. Live in Butler and havent had my boat wet this year yet. Tight lines to all

2016/06/21 07:27:14
The Ref
I agree with roygpa about pymy being super clear. Fished Saturday evening and could see everything in the water. Casted for Muskie and I could see my bucktails coming through the water a mile away very unlike pymy never experienced that kind of clarity there.
Had 2 lazy follows from small muskies.
2016/06/21 09:11:21
CAPTAIN HOOK
I've seen Pymy very clear only a few times like that over the years. Same on Shenango very rare when you can see down to 12 feet or better . Shenango's been fishing very slow on game fish. Just a thought while we are talking clarity, how far have Zebra Mussels spread from Erie nowadays ? I believe Conneaut Creek comes South a long way but it does flow North and they have to be in there.  
2016/06/21 10:07:06
BeenThereDoneThat.
My money is on the weeds and if they are still green with clear water at 72+ degrees then the PSUFBC hasn't polluted the lakes with herbicides/chemicals........ YET.  

Haven't heard any questions regarding fish die offs either.  Remember those, from spawning stress I believe we were told?  

Just a personal observation over the years, mind ya.

Thank goodness for SOS. 

2016/06/21 10:14:46
outasync
I noticed at Wilhelm the weeds we usually fish in the electric motor only section are pretty much gone. Not nearly as many as the past few years.
The big fish die offs usually happened in july and august I believe.
2016/06/21 12:40:22
The Ref
Well I was also out on Conneaut this past weekend and a good bit of the weedbeds are down. You can bet it was treated recently with chemicals. The weeds also are very brown for this time of year at Conneaut should be nice and green.
2016/06/21 12:48:44
outasync
The weeds haven't really came up at conneaut this year. I was up almost every weekend the past 2 months. For some reason all the lakes seem to be behind with the weed growth.
2016/06/21 13:47:49
chauncy
I agree. They are behind. The weed beds I fish at Pymy haven't even reached the surface as of today. Some of my better gill spots aren't producing like in previous years.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account