2015/08/07 18:32:03
mopars0
Good luck Alaskan .... Not getting out until next week ... Be waiting for updates ...and pictures ... Lol

BTDT..... Let you know when I'll be out and where ...
2015/08/07 18:46:46
A1H Skyraider
Ill be heading out in the morning. Toon out of Jamestown and trolling north. Been picking up suspended fish in the channel everywhere between snodgrass and the Cosway. Running planer boards 80 feet back with 1oz lead with a harness and meat. (1.7 mph) and a couple of hot n tots off the back. Most of the action is on the meat. I'm guessing that's about 15-18 foot down and I'm in about 19-24 ft of water most of the time. Been out one day the last two weekends and my buddy and I got 8 eyes each day. (About 5 hour days). Had one day where the wind picked up and we drifted 11-14 ft of water and picked a few with jigs and crawlers in the middle of the day.
2015/08/07 20:17:38
marco
beentheredonethat and mak7464...thank you...you are stand up guys...I am glad that others are willing to help w/o the lake getting fished out lol...been hearing that crap for years...we can all give a little help to our brothers..have some fun and still catch fish!!!...wish you all a cooler full!!!

2015/08/07 20:47:46
CRAPPIE_SLAYER
Whiners are gonna whine. I for one really enjoy talking fishing and like reading the reports on this board. It's nice when people share a little info to help others out, plus reading about others success is entertaining when I can't get out myself. Keep 'em coming and good luck.
2015/08/07 23:37:48
outasync
Agreed and when u give information others tend to be more willing to give you some back when they figure out something you havnt. Time for bed. Conneaut lake in the morning for toothy critters.
2015/08/08 09:19:38
BeenThereDoneThat.
What a gorgeous day to be on the water, of which I am not.  

Overcast skies, warm temperatures (good), but little to no wind (bad(for some)), will hopefully provide for some great fishing. 

I got the popcorn machine heating-up, the butter is melted and now, just waiting to see lots of pictures with smiling faces and, fish on ice.

Good luck to all who can make it out today and to those who can't, I feel your pain.
2015/08/08 15:01:17
A1H Skyraider
So....hit the lake at 7 am out of Jamestown marina. Ran the toon north and started with the program mentioned above. Caught 3 channel cat and 1 22 inch eye by 10 am. Then the cloud cover dissapeared and it shut down. Funny thing all fish on same rod. 1 oz lead with a green blade pulling meat 80' back on a sidewinder planet at 1.7 mph in 18-21 FTW. I set the other rods to the same thing and only caught em on the one rod. Any how when the sun came out a little breeze started blowing from the south. We did a couple of drifts in 11 -14 ft and pulled two eyes on the first two drifts. Then the wind died and I couldn't get a drift goin more then .2 mph. I tried pulling myself around with the electric and we caught a few cats and some perch jigging but no more eyes. Was off the water @ 2 with Three in the box.
2015/08/08 15:07:57
A1H Skyraider
2015/08/08 19:10:41
Tunapursuit
mak7464
Ill be heading out in the morning. Toon out of Jamestown and trolling north. Been picking up suspended fish in the channel everywhere between snodgrass and the Cosway. Running planer boards 80 feet back with 1oz lead with a harness and meat. (1.7 mph) and a couple of hot n tots off the back. Most of the action is on the meat. I'm guessing that's about 15-18 foot down and I'm in about 19-24 ft of water most of the time. Been out one day the last two weekends and my buddy and I got 8 eyes each day. (About 5 hour days). Had one day where the wind picked up and we drifted 11-14 ft of water and picked a few with jigs and crawlers in the middle of the day.

Been catching them the same way.. Bigger ones on meat. Tightlines 
2015/08/09 18:31:39
marco
thanks guys...good posts!!!

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account