2016/06/11 12:47:29
StewFc
Ventured up yesterday, Friday June 10, with little luck. Did manage a few nice bass and about 6-8 sub eyes, but 'gills and cats seemed to be the only enthusiastic takers. There was as little wind as I have ever experienced...even worse than the last two times which were both abnormally deplete of wind. I did see one amish guy trolling pull an eye he had on a stringer off the side to show another boat...it was pushing 30"...a true PIG!!!
2016/06/11 14:02:06
marco
was the amish guy trolling?  if he was make sure BTDT reads it.  some day that will be us!!!

2016/06/11 14:39:40
outasync
I had a couple amish kids following me around the other morning. I reeled my flickershads in to about 30 ft back and took them right over the stumps. I turned around and 3 of their 4 rods were snagged and they were no longer following me after that. :)
2016/06/11 14:50:36
marco
outasync..that is funny....this is funnier...I follow them around doing the exact same thing as they do..they catch fish..i don't!!!
2016/06/11 15:11:05
outasync
From what I've seen the past few weeks they sure are not catching much on the south end. They have been mostly fishing up towards orchard and occasionally coming down to the bay 41/snodgrass area before returning north. I'm hoping to get out a evening or 2 this coming week I just hope the fish decide to start to cooperate better!
2016/06/12 08:41:28
thunderpole
Well made it out yesterday, after a 20min battle with the motor I said xXxX it and go out with the troll to drift, and after we about sunk the boat when the lake turned 4'waves( 14 foot john boat) the motor decided to start ,well we caught alot of fish boated 8 eyes 1 short real short ( nice sign) so my last eye no4 flops out my hand trying to put on the rope I was mad things got thrown (good for him) so we do few more drifts and the last drift I look over and no stringer it's gone see ya later bye I really lost it! I was like a toddler I almost cryed (lesson learned) 4 20-25"eyes 4 slaps and half a doz perch gone we looked for it hopeing it would float but couldn't find it, use your COOLER!!!!! I feel like an idiot idk how it came off that's gonna chap my****for awhile but great day awesome freaking day on pyme but dam those fish I hope someone found it the had a good day ha this all happened on the north end, next weekend different boat v bottom and a running motor and a fish cooler best day iv ever had drifting and I blew it I feel like an idiot
2016/06/12 09:37:15
CAPTAIN HOOK
LOL.....! That's a good fish story with a bad ending ! It happens to all us fishermen at least once in a lifetime. I use the self locking stringers and they work excellent, except when you don't have any thing to lock them on to. Usually I lock onto my fishing vest except when I'm moving a lot, then I look for an object near shore. Years ago I decided to use some flat rocks and wrap the stringer around only to come back later and see my big Steelhead gone ! There he was swimming out in the current dragging my 4 ft. nylon locking stringer up and down the creek. Took me forever but I got lucky just before dark and was able to snag the stringer and reel him back in !

Maybe BTDT will get lucky after all if he hooks into that !  LOL
2016/06/12 09:40:46
Walleye jigs
WOW!!,an honest fisherman!!! We've  all made those same mistakes but few ever admit it!!!
2016/06/12 11:00:42
treesparrow
Friend of mine had ~ 15 inch trout on a stringer on his belt first day of trout. Well the stringer came off and trout and stringer are gone. Hours later young lad hooks it and brings it in, it being his first trout ever I sort of help my friend decide to let him have trout and friend got his stringer back. Lad is happy and so is friend until we came back to camp. The big trout pool for the day was won with a much smaller fish and it cost my buddy ~70 bucks. You see in his excitement to retrieve at least his stringer we neglected to measure the fish and by consensus rule his fish was not counted as our word that "it was bigger", didn't cut it.    It was much bigger!    There I said it again.
2016/06/12 11:35:05
workcanwait....
Recently tied a small Lake Erie eye up to tree on shoreline and waded back out to cast some more...half hour later heard some coons fighting over it.Now I carry a bucket with a lid...WCW

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account