2016/06/09 11:42:56
roygpa
No problem BTDT. It was good time. I let the younger people do a lot of the work, though I did carry a couple dozen 8 inch block. I am envious of how much energy 4th through 8th grade and even high school students have. There were about 15 middle schoolers that were lucky enough to have a science teacher care enough about the event to bring them. These kids busted their butts and had fun doing it. We put out somewhere between 125 and 150 cribs in less than 3 hours,  then the PLA fed us pizza. PLa paid for or got volunteers for all the costs.

As far as the coordinates, I figure that it the reason to put the cribs in the lake... to give out the coordinates. 75 cribs in one area could stretch as long as a football field, so there should be room for quite a few boats in that area.
Roy
2016/06/09 16:34:44
StewFc
I'm guilty for being quite a bit off topic, but I thought many would be interested in knowing that the state (people's republic) of California, just a few hours ago, in an appeals court decision ruled that the 2nd Amendment does NOT provide for the right to carry concealed. Sorry for off topic post, but I thought it appropriately noteworthy. I'm not sure if this applies to California only or if it was a Federal appeals court that happened to be in California.
2016/06/10 00:33:17
bottom troller
so hence my screen name, I troll a lot and have lost quite a bit more gear =($$$)on cribs and such than I have at the black jack table,, (good thing I don't gamble or Id really be in the poor house)! Now I know they are great to have for the fishy so my question is when you guys fish these do you use bobbers, jigs etc.? Because I could see a good bit of lost gear!! I'm just looking for some expert advice!! Thanks. Also do these cribs mainly attract fish during the spawn of the particular species or are they known to hold fish all year? Again fishing these is new to me so i appreciate any suggestions!!👍
2016/06/10 00:34:43
bottom troller
Stewfc- this is why I wouldn't mind California to break off this continent and float away!!
2016/06/10 00:58:51
Pauleye60
There is a song by Steely Dan called "My Old School". Part of the lyrics say "..........California, tumbles into the sea". It is one of my favorite Dan songs. Who would cry if this liberal Sodom and Gomorrah did fall into the sea?????? 
2016/06/10 07:33:12
seanymph
has anyone consistantly caught crappie on or around the cribs?
2016/06/10 07:56:31
outasync
I've seen crappie, bluegill, bass and musky on the cribs in woodcock creek lake. I'm sure they hold fish in pymie too.
2016/06/10 09:11:28
BeenThereDoneThat.
Bottom Troller, I feel your pain, but I just record the coordinates of the fish attractants so I know where they are located,  then put my snorkel and fins to work. lol

2016/06/10 09:43:33
outasync
I found a real nice stump field yesterday right on the edge of a 5 ft drop. I just wish my favorite flickershad hadn't of decided it liked the stumps so much and wanted to stay there!
2016/06/11 11:18:42
marco
I would be a rich man if I never took up fishing and invested all the money I have sitting on the bottom of pymy!

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account