2016/05/28 14:54:20
outasync
Got too crazy for me around 1145. Too many people trying to fish on top of one another. Very slow day for me
2016/05/28 15:58:00
CAPTAIN HOOK
outasync  I hear you  ! LOL.....
BTDT , come on dude you can nap all afternoon !
Just came by Shenango Lake an hour ago .....WOW !
Looked like a water zoo at Water World....fishing boats , jet skis , kayaks , ski boats !
2016/05/28 18:36:19
marco
I just talked to 2 buddies in 2 separate boats..they  just go back to beaver county..little slow today but they said it was a zoo on the lake.  I don't think I will ever fish there on a holiday.  they said they were tripping over each other!!!  there has got to be some funny stories out there!!
2016/05/28 22:12:24
slabfinder
I'm glad my day off fall usually on Mondays. Usually first to launch and first to go in!
2016/05/28 22:41:52
BeenThereDoneThat.
...........  Huh?    Somebody say the holiday weekend is over???  No.......!  Wellllll alrighty than!!!
2016/05/30 22:17:26
fishin coyote
Well I kinda thought if I fished BTDT hours today the majority of the weekenders would be on their way home.  So I waited till noon to head out. Fished the north end and although it was semi busy on the lake I only had to deal with 1 doorknob.  Oh and unlike BTDT, the wife and I got a nice mixed bag of gills,crappies,perch,cats,bass,and unfortunately the only eye caught was shortie. I did bring home a dozen or so nice crappies.

Mike
2016/05/30 22:38:33
BeenThereDoneThat.
Lmao...... Good to hear you and your better half had a good day fishing, Mike.

I did not try getting out this weekend. Just stayed home and enjoyed watching the Black Cherry blossoms blowing into my green swimming pool.

See Captain Hook, time of day ain't all that important, so it just must be me, ha haa! Ummm..... Wait, what?
2016/06/01 21:08:49
BeenThereDoneThat.
What a day on the water and man-o-man I ain't (I don't care how good the catching is) gonna ever go fishing when the conditions are like they were today.  Water skiing, yes;  tugging screaming kids on a rubber replica of the Loch Ness Monster, yes;  just botor moating around shirtless, yes;  or mowing the grass, yes!  But I ain't gonna never go fishing and that's final.

My gosh I had to drop a pair of clippers they were so hot, from laying in the sun, atop my tackle box.  If yinz was on the water at Jimtown and seen a  Fish Hawk with her green Bimini top deployed, that was me trying to hide from the sun.  If yinz seen a little ole fat man loading his boat and getting out of Dodge just around 5:30ish, that would be me again.

Did get lucky and found some crappie of which I placed a half dozen in the box.  Most were caught while trolling and some were caught tossing jigs as I sought relief anywhere shade could be had,  along the Pymies banks.

By the way, did I mention how hot it was,  fishing today?

PS.  I loved every minute of it.   But I think I'll continue to fish the second shift, on Blue Bird Days.

2016/06/01 22:27:39
mopars0
Well BTDT ..... I stayed home and mowed grass. , that would be our grass and my 2 elderly ladies neighbor's ( I' mean ) a little older than me 😝😝 ) And YES it was Hot !!! But glad ya got some fish ... Good job !
2016/06/01 22:40:50
BeenThereDoneThat.
Thanks Steve, I'm going to be fishing your lake a couple of times next week.  Brother would like to get together and do a little catching. Most likely will be the second shift. lol

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account