2014/10/31 10:58:39
Hammer Handle
does anyone have any current fishing reports for Pymy?  Lake Erie looks like a wash for this weekend so I thought I'd try Pymy.
2014/10/31 11:13:40
BeenThereDoneThat.
Local weather report calling for rain and snow Sat. but, your in luck for Sun. if your a sailboater, Sunny with 14 mph wind gusting to 24.

Don't know if they pulled the docks.
2014/11/03 11:53:37
registered
Do they pull the docks at Pymy before ice?
Think I was up last December before ice cover and docks were still in at Jamestown?
Might have been Nov?
I'd like to make one more trip this year. If the wind would cooperate.
2014/11/03 13:28:26
Porktown
I know they pull the docks at Moraine right around now.  They were in last Tuesday.  

I rented a cabin at Pymie in November once as well, and had the docks out.  I would assume the other docks get pulled, at least on PA side.   

The Ohio side has a public access launch near the causeway (dam side of causeway about 2 miles), that is deeper, and I recall the dock being a good portion concrete.  We had to launch there a few years back when the lake was really low.  I would imagine that it would be a good place to launch after docks are pulled.  A pretty long run, if you are planning to fish near the dam though.
2014/11/03 17:31:53
Pachuckles
I just got back from fishing at the Jamestown marina.  Bluegills and small perch were hitting. Brought home 12 or so keeper Gills. They were taking boats out of the marina so they had to have a launch open somewheres close.  Tomorrow looks like the best day this week for trolling on Pymie.
2014/12/12 22:08:28
BeenThereDoneThat.
I'm thinkin' about buying a new fishin' boat...........  what do you fellas think?

2014/12/14 12:05:20
countryfisher
20hp limit on pymy tho...
2015/01/20 11:35:59
chauncy
Sparky said the ice is a little sketchy on the south end so be careful out there.
2015/02/10 14:03:32
pymodave
Fished pymatuning this past Sat. and Sun. started out at Fries road access had to drag gear all the way from the road because the plow left three feet of snow at the entrance. Ice is fine but covered with a foot of slop,fished the a.m. without so much as a bite. From there we went to a bit south of Manning and my buddy caught our first legal walleye of the ice season at about 12 feet deep. Sunday headed south and fished at 20 feet caught a lot of small perch then ended the day fishing around some docks and ended up with some nice bluegill things might may be starting to look up.    
2015/02/12 07:16:00
chauncy
Fished the Jamestown launch area wednesday. Lots of small gills and some small crappies. 9 keeper gills out of over 40. Tungston jig and maki plastic took most. Got some on waxworms too. Good luck to everyone fishing the tourney there this weekend.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account