2018/03/05 19:07:09
CRAPPIE_SLAYER
πŸ‘πŸ‘ the spillway battle thread is relevant every spring.
2018/03/06 10:01:38
Sujie
Well how about every spring start a new thread with current comments and observations, not stuff that happened eight years ago. 
2018/03/06 10:25:28
pensfan1
We'll I'm certain the same observations can be made now as then. Same as it ever was. Jus Say'IN.

Give a week or two, guys will be lined up on the cement. Guys will be waiting in line to get in. And the most certainty is some fish will be snagged and roped. Again Jus Say'IN...
2018/03/06 12:34:26
CAPTAIN HOOK
Pymy Spillway talk....

I can think of so many other way to enjoy fishing other than lifting and raking schools of fish stacked in tight spots for spawning. I even understand novices or young fishermen being enticed to easy catching but come on....really ? Is that the best some good fishermen can do to produce fish catches ?
2018/03/06 12:45:04
mopars0
That’s right Captain , never did any of this and just was never interested in it. Even stopped going to Erie in the fall cause of the shoulder to shoulder fishing just not for me .
2018/03/06 16:25:06
CAPTAIN HOOK
Yea Rich I do, I can't wait to fish it this year ....lol ! Shinnying up my Sonars now !
2018/03/06 17:38:52
CRAPPIE_SLAYER
I can say I've never fished the spillway madness, but as far as the blade baits go they do actually catch and not snag fish sometimes. Finally put some effort into using them through the ice this year on a few different lakes. Them eyes will definitly smack them on the drop, as well as other species. I'm sold.
2018/03/06 18:40:58
CRAPPIE_SLAYER
So if I throw a couple of these on a sonar and rip it as hard as I can ill have better luck at the spillway πŸ˜€

Attachment(s)

Attachments are not available: Download requirements not met
2018/03/06 18:53:03
CAPTAIN HOOK
That's a nice big rake ...lol  I have a good friend who uses the smaller blade baits for Perch and Crappie does good too. He jigs in 20 ft. of water in a boat, not ripping up and down in 4 ft. of water with a 1/2oz Sonar.....big difference.
2018/03/06 19:33:22
opsman
Never fished the spillway in the spring for walleye.  Dead mid summer when it's the hottest I will hang out there for some huge catfish about 100 yards off shore in the channel.
As far as sonars, they, like june bug spinners, rooster tails, cpswings, worm harnesses, have had their day in the sun too at Pymatuning.  Probably a five year stretch in the eighties it was the go to lure and EVERY bait shop on the lake had 100s in stock!
I used the heck out them on the north end with some success and an occasional snagged fish.  The best however was a late summer day on the north end and we were just dropping them in a slow flutter and reeling up really slow.  We must have caught fifty big white bass within an hour.  What a circus. 

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account