2010/03/24 22:19:15
Big Tuna
Yes,I fished there many nights and days in the past and for the most part,I'd say the fish are released,Matt knows who snags and keeps and who runs there 1st limit home,I've seen him stand there for hours,till he gets his man.The thing I don't like is THE GREY AREA,one warden tells me if the lures on the cheek it's good,another mouth only.If the lures not IN THE MOUTH,I take no chance on a fine,any fish is not worth the 150.00 fine.
2010/03/24 22:53:18
pensfan1

ORIGINAL: Big Tuna

I've seen him stand there for hours,till he gets his man.

I just dont understand how the same guys get away with it year after year. I know for a fact, they run batches upon batches of fish home and come back. The same guys.

Just sayin........
2010/03/24 23:17:07
**commander**

ORIGINAL: pensfan1

ORIGINAL: Big Tuna

I've seen him stand there for hours,till he gets his man.

I just dont understand how the same guys get away with it year after year. I know for a fact, they run batches upon batches of fish home and come back. The same guys.

Just sayin........

its a small town, a very small town. MOST(not everybody) knows everybody. ever think that maybe the same guys that get away with it are the same guys that fraternize with the wardens, buy them coffee, breakfast, fish with them, etc... just askin'
2010/03/26 02:44:13
bigben7
walleye is great. but honestly perch and bluegills are tastier in my opinion.  i will be there june july and august w/ the boys
2010/03/26 16:48:02
icelady
Just because you dont see Matt or another warden there in UNIFORM, dont think one isnt there!!!
2010/04/01 21:30:32
drill4gills
well where to begin i fish the spill often as i can snagged one last week as a matter of fact sent him packing with a frown . i was not ripping my sonor as hard as i could and did not have any intention of snagging a fish , sometimes there are so many fish that you just cant avoid snagging one or two . the ao's you guys refer to are locals and you just have to get up earlier and get there earlier than they do , if you can't make that kind of commitment to fishing once in a while you should put up your rods and go home . most of the locals think of nonresidents as interlopers and treat them with disdain so don't be an ao yourself and maybe try to get to know some of them and then when their not look'n you slide in between a couple of your new buddies with that said the crappie are hitt'n all over in the bays on the north end , and lastly the icelady is right the crickticketers don't always wear their uniforms when suspected wrongdoing is happening , and i wouldn't be suprised to see one surface in scuba gear in the spillway . more to come from an unhappy local
2010/04/02 00:56:55
Split Shot
A guy that lives 2 miles from the Lake doesn't have any more right to the fish than a guy that lives 80 miles away. If they shut rt.79 and 19 down those little towns would be hurt'n. Locals don't like the Muphear's but, Out of towners bring alot of money into Crawford county. Property Taxes, Gas, Food, alcohol, etc. Business people love Muphear's. Just Say'n from a Muphear.
2010/04/02 12:41:30
CAPTAIN HOOK
In my 45 + years of fishing I never owned a Sonar lure and will never own one! I have seen them in use many a day through out my lifetime in different types of fishing and they are by far the No. 1 Snagging Lure ever invented!
2010/04/02 14:05:35
gizmos
IMO depends on the water. I use sonars almost exclusively in the winter for eyes in the river and have not snagged more than a couple, if not only one that I rememberand and that was a while back. But at the spillway...... outlaw 'em.
2010/04/02 14:46:40
bluntman
ORIGINAL: Split Shot

A guy that lives 2 miles from the Lake doesn't have any more right to the fish than a guy that lives 80 miles away. If they shut rt.79 and 19 down those little towns would be hurt'n. Locals don't like the Muphear's but, Out of towners bring alot of money into Crawford county. Property Taxes, Gas, Food, alcohol, etc. Business people love Muphear's. Just Say'n from a Muphear.

your not a mupear, the correct term is touron [ tourist  +  moron  ]  and as for us locals needing your money, my life wont be 1 bit better or worse if you spend a thousand bucks at the bait shop or 20 cents for a seat in a pay s-h-i-t-t-e-r, so get over your self importance

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account