2010/03/10 11:32:18
drill4gills
P.S. don't get a wet leg
2010/03/10 13:27:25
Bull Lifter
drill he ment sunday was a wrap for ice fishing for Us...we hardly fish pymy threw the ice anymore..
2010/03/13 23:39:22
icelady
I LIVE A HALF MILE FROM CARP CITY, FISHED THE WIRE SIDE YEARS AGO FOR EYES. ANYONE WHO CALLS THIS FISHING IN MY OPINION IS NOT A SPORTSMAN OR SPORTSWOMEN.KNOW SEVERAL GUYS WHO FISH THERE AND RUN THEIR MOUTH ABOUT GETTING THEIR LIMIT AND COMING BACK ONCE OR TWICE A DAY AND GETTING THEIR LIMIT " AGAIN" AINT THAT GREAT!! I LOVE TO EAT FISH TOO. HOPE YOU FEEL GREAT ABOUT YOUR FREEZER.
2010/03/17 05:50:54
CU@theriver
hmmm, i dont get it. Ive been campin an fishin there for since i was little, and im 23 now. Iver never heard mention of this. Can anyone explain? whats special bout the spillway and why the drama?
2010/03/17 06:30:13
bingsbaits
Many of the large eyes stack up in the cement bathtub at the spillway trying to spawn..
The Rod holders (will not call them fishermen) vertical jig large cicadas and sonars in this school of fish..
They snag the eyes and then keep them...It is the only way some of these yahoos can catch an eye and they try and fill their freezers while they can...

That section of lake should be closed for a month...Luckily them snagging the large breeders has little effect on the lakes walleye population as there is little natural reproduction....

2010/03/17 08:24:14
walleye24j
I agree a hundred percent they shouldn't be aloud to fish there. 
2010/03/17 10:48:24
chauncy
Here's another year of this same old argument. No matter how much we complain, or have complained in the past, this isn't the place that will get anything done to stop it. As some of the guys who agree with that style of fishing will say, " they've been doing it for as long as the lake has been there and it hasn't hurt the walleye fishing yet, has it? " " One area of the lake isn't big enough to hurt it. " And " if i do snag one, i throw it back." If you want to stop this practice, pay a warden to camp out there like they do at Freemont.
2010/03/17 11:10:12
MuskyMastr
Better places to catch eyes on that lake right now anyway....
2010/03/17 13:37:35
woodnickle
Hi chauncy, good see ya back.
2010/03/17 15:35:55
World Famous
I have never been there but some of the posts say the fish cops can't always be there. Why not?? Deputy wardens are paid by the fines they collect. If the problem is as bad as some say, and it probably is,a deputy fish cop should be there 24/7. You fish where the fish are. The fines they collect would more then pay for their time. The Pa Fish Comm. must be really dropping the ball at Pymie!!!...WF

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account