2010/03/08 17:33:04
rapala11
isn't it getting to be time for this annual bruhaha?  time to stock up on silver spiders, eh? 
2010/03/08 18:32:20
pensfan1
I was thinkin the same thing.
2010/03/08 22:24:19
carpin06
I said that last week,Time for the local lunk heads to start all the bull $hit...
Bad news, get caught slidin your buddy in while you run your fish home and come back, The MAN is gona get your AZZ....

LOL...
2010/03/08 22:44:52
Eyescrazy
We ice fished right outside the break wall saturday morning then jigged the spillway all day! It was me and my brother. We didn't get a bite, but we figured if anyone would have seen an eye then there would be 20 platforms up the wall and 40 A-O's fishing over each others backs only letting their buddies in. If they shut the spillway down for early walleye, guess who to thank? I couldn't agree more with you guys. We figured this would be the only time we could get close to it without being nudged out. That's when all the people who want something handed to them go out and fish because it's easy to "snag" a walleye! As much as I would love to jig the wall that time of year, why deal with that BS?
2010/03/09 06:34:26
bingsbaits
I'm ready and waitin...
2010/03/09 09:37:44
slab nabbit
Its a shame, it just looks bad! To bad the fish commission just doesn't have the man power to patrol it properly and bust the guys for double dippin and keeping snagged fish. That area should be closed off but it is not so it is what it is. I personaly will get my fishing kicks another way and someplace else. I am sure some of those guys are the same ones that b#*ch about the Amish.
2010/03/09 13:27:14
eyesandgillz
Do any of the guys that back in there with their boats ever do any good vertical jigging or do the guys on the wall have the best chance?
2010/03/09 15:17:34
rapala11
eyes, sure they do.  they use gill nets..................jus't kidding.  back in the mid 70s, i did it a couple of times from the ohio bridge on the causeway.  guys in the boats jigging did catch fish, too.  the water ran red with the wounds on the sides of the walleyes........ratz, just kidding again.  the few fish that i did catch were legitimate.  i just did not like the crowds.  
2010/03/09 16:27:27
Big Tuna
It's been going on since Pymy been a lake( the spillway thing)It's survived years of pounding by boat fishermen,(70's 80's)and now the Amish,so long as both states stock eyes the lake will be ok.I did it in the 70's when the BEAVER was the warden there,the place is way more popular since,people talk about it on the puter.I've also fished from a boat and did well,the key is getting close to an inside corner,without ****ing off the shore guys.Last year I passed on doing it,but this year I make a trip or two.I've got a pile of crappie and big gills in the freezer from ice fishing(Sunday was a wrap for ice),so it's not that big of a deal if I don't make it.
2010/03/10 11:31:19
drill4gills
sunday was not a WRAP for the ice , i was on it monday and yesterday caught crappies both days yesterdays were all throw backs gonna check ice later today,maybe do eve run south end didnt check ice thickness yesterday but seemed good , will check today before going to far

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account