2009/03/04 17:58:03
mugz
well said my friend, well said !!!!! excellent post
2009/03/05 00:17:43
spoonchucker
"sorry gonefishin, don't know why it said in reply to you. it was not directed to you."

Unless you hit the reply button on ANOTHER specific post, YOUR post will always be "in reply" to the one directly above it. 
2009/03/05 02:18:24
mugz
easy there Spoon, it wasn't directed towards anyone. just replying to the original post.
i'll see ya around soon, like Steelhead said in another post "trout are dum duud and will hit anything."

2009/03/05 02:29:07
spoonchucker
Easy about what mugz? I was just explaining why the "(in reply to gonefishin)"  appeared on your post, even though you did not intend to reply directly to him.  
2009/03/05 06:36:44
bingsbaits
The hell with the trout lets stock something edible(waleyes,panfish)..

You put all that money into walleyes, bass, and Muskys, Then we would have a fishery..

Hate the first day bucket brigade,,,,GIVE ME MY LIMIT,,,Seems to be their montra for a day...SAD
2009/03/05 07:15:27
sugarfuzz12
who eats bass and muskys i had bass before and it wasn't any good never had musky but also never heard it was good.
Walleye is another story i would love to see more walleye in the local lakes and rivers
2009/03/05 08:25:22
dealinsteel
For the money these guys pay to fish for trout one or two times, they could go to a pay lake, catch and keep all the trout they want, probably save some money, and stop the marketing of the fishing season by the F&BC.  It costs me as much for a nonresident OH or NY license as it does to fish in my own state, where I pay my taxes every year and suport the local economy.  Every year they need to make changes in their trout management plans because it's getting too expensive to raise and stock these fish!  The number of anglers decreases, license costs increase, and they manage the waterways that bring them the most money with the highest importance.  Cost based resource management can't help the fishing.
2009/03/05 08:40:30
dakotab
If we want more and bigger fish, I say raise the trout stamp to $20-30.  This is for a whole year of fishing.  I don't have a problem what so ever in spending a little more but, I would like to see some results.  I think most people have a problem with the stamp (or raising the price of the stamp) because once the fish commission started getting all that money years ago I don't think anybody saw any of the results (more, bigger fish), nothing seemed to change.
2009/03/05 09:47:14
SteelPerch
ORIGINAL: bingsbaits

You put all that money into walleyes, bass, and Muskys, Then we would have a fishery..

Hate the first day bucket brigade,,,,GIVE ME MY LIMIT,,,Seems to be their montra for a day...SAD

Why do people in this thread say trout aren't edible?  Perhaps you just arent preparing them right.  The fresh stocked trout and smaller ones can be a little bland and boney, but overall trout are some of the better eating fish out there.   Anyone who eats walleye on a regular basis is nuts IMO.  Those things are so chalked full of mercury and chemicals, I can't imagine anyone willingly eating them once they read up on all of the pollutants that are in them.
2009/03/05 10:29:55
chauncy
ORIGINAL: SteelPerch

ORIGINAL: bingsbaits

Why do people in this thread say trout aren't edible?  Perhaps you just arent preparing them right.  The fresh stocked trout and smaller ones can be a little bland and boney, but overall trout are some of the better eating fish out there.   Anyone who eats walleye on a regular basis is nuts IMO.  Those things are so chalked full of mercury and chemicals, I can't imagine anyone willingly eating them once they read up on all of the pollutants that are in them.

And thats why i prefer to eat the smaller eyes that are 15 to 19"s. I cooked some rainbows last week and they were very good. Never tried steelies.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account