2009/03/03 16:27:31
mikeg
$3.38 per trout.....Dam, I need to get into the trout raising bizz!!!!

2009/03/03 17:06:15
birddog23
All i got to say is what the heck does the trout stamp pay for because if that isn't going toward the trout than i think we are all getting riped off

2009/03/03 17:12:59
dru2112
ORIGINAL: birddog23

All i got to say is what the heck does the trout stamp pay for because if that isn't going toward the trout than i think we are all getting riped off

what part of the article made you believe that money is no longer going toward trout stamps?
2009/03/03 17:35:48
mxdad66
Like everything else,price keeps going up.The bad thing is Tellico put's in some nice fish.Hopefully this will all lead to getting rid of the opening day madhouse and have an open season.No matter what is done,everyone will not be happy.PA is largely a put-take fishery,in my opinion due to the revenue it creates,they seem to have no problum spitting numbers on how much it costs to stock fish,never seem to see how much money is brought in,not only from license,trout stamps,state &federal funds,how much the fisherman spends on tackle,which get's taxed and ends up right back in Harrisburg to be blown on something else.We do have a great fishery in this state,just expect it to get cut like everything else.
2009/03/03 17:46:52
dru2112
either way, they're cutting back 150,000 fish out of 3 million? 
that's a fairly minimal cutback.
2009/03/03 19:56:39
fishmaster50
my question is how they pfbc can dump 150000 to 200000 trout in keystone power dam and not spread them out to trout approved waters? sure there are short one but some of them are over the seven in limit basically this is just feed for the bigger fish in there who raised these fish to this size?
2009/03/03 20:01:59
egg sac
its a 5 percent cut back not a real big drop at all.Now if the Fish commision would be more fair and let the western countys acualy get more bigger fish. insted of most of the mid state streams getting all the best fish.Am real sick of hearing and seeinmg the biggest come out of the same streams year after year while we get the runts..just not fair..
2009/03/03 20:56:14
SteelPerch
How many years in a row will they stick it to us?  First they introduced the trout stamp, then they reduced the limit from 8 to 5, then they went on the "fewer but bigger fish" marketing campaign which materialized into fewer trout but not bigger, and now it is just a cut in the number of stocked fish.  It really ****es you off.

I wish they'd stock the better streams in the state with more fish and cut out the fall stockings.  People are into hunting, football, and steelhead in the fall.  When I go to recently stocked streams in the fall they are often empty and stinking with fish, most of which wont survive the winter in the bodies of water they put them in. I also am not a big fan of stocking trout in lakes as many become food or die because of stagnant water and poor water quality.
2009/03/03 21:24:09
mr.crappie
mx, Go to the PFC home page, click on annual report, you should find most of the figures you are looking for. Since both the fish comm. & the Game comm. are independently audited I would guess that the figures are legit.   sam

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account