2022/02/12 15:59:23
Porktown
Mine didn’t have any visible mouse damage when I cleared a foot of snow and 1/4” of ice off the collapsed cover two weeks ago… The joys of boat ownership!
2022/02/13 13:16:52
crappiefisher
rippinlip
 not for sale tho

Talked to him the other day and he said good bit of orders are for a 1,000 of this and 1,000 of those (Rapalas, Bombers, Panther Martins, JackHammers, Mepps, spools of line, packs hooks and so on) Guess places stocking up this season since last year some of the ones I talked to said they had a hard time getting tackle???

Need to get a 3 year license yet and hope to get back into fishing. 

crappy

Won't give out info on here or through PM so don't ask Since this site has it's own tackle shop.

2022/02/14 18:03:06
rippinlip
crappiefisher
rippinlip
 not for sale tho

Talked to him the other day and he said good bit of orders are for a 1,000 of this and 1,000 of those (Rapalas, Bombers, Panther Martins, JackHammers, Mepps, spools of line, packs hooks and so on) Guess places stocking up this season since last year some of the ones I talked to said they had a hard time getting tackle???

Need to get a 3 year license yet and hope to get back into fishing. 

crappy

Won't give out info on here or through PM so don't ask Since this site has it's own tackle shop.
Now I understand why he doesn't want to be bothered selling a few pieces here and there. It's just a pain in the rear to him when he could be selling a 1000 at a time. He will always be little Timmy to me tho. Good kid.

2022/02/14 20:01:11
pensfan1
We were just talking lastnight. Another 4 weeks or so and it'll be time to get those tomato seeds started.
2022/02/14 21:05:14
crappiefisher
 Yeah, my one son is a Garlic freak. Last year I thought was crazy with 2 garages totally loaded at harvest. He replanted that in the fall. Nice to see how they took.

Kevin, Couple years back Timmy got in with Eagle Claw and Mustad Hooks. They sold him pallets of hooks (random) Costed them more to ship them to him than he payed out. Eagle Claw finally caught on and said they had to raise shipping to break even. Guess the warehouse just writes stuff off as a lose? Taking 2 truck loads of totes loaded with tackle out of here in a couple days. I take a peak in each one and just shake my head  
2022/02/16 09:39:19
rippinlip
crappiefisher
 Yeah, my one son is a Garlic freak. Last year I thought was crazy with 2 garages totally loaded at harvest. He replanted that in the fall. Nice to see how they took.

Kevin, Couple years back Timmy got in with Eagle Claw and Mustad Hooks. They sold him pallets of hooks (random) Costed them more to ship them to him than he payed out. Eagle Claw finally caught on and said they had to raise shipping to break even. Guess the warehouse just writes stuff off as a lose? Taking 2 truck loads of totes loaded with tackle out of here in a couple days. I take a peak in each one and just shake my head  

I hate to say this Chris but I think it's good that he's putting his time and energy into a business venture rather than something nefarious. That boy has a good head on his shoulders. Keep me in mind for ice out. I'm ready to get the toon out. Best old-timer fishing machine there is. 
2022/02/18 09:32:53
Porktown
Small pond by my house has half of the ice gone.  I assume by mid week, it will be 100%.

I imagine most of the lakes in the area will be ice free in their feeder creek sections soon, if they aren't already.  Today and tomorrow are the only two days in the 30s in the long term forecast, for Pgh area at least. 
2022/02/18 09:38:29
DarDys
There were killdeer in the driveway this morning.
2022/02/18 10:10:25
rippinlip
DarDys
There were killdeer in the driveway this morning.

The creek was in my driveway this morning. Maybe the leaves in my lower yard will be gone when it recedes

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account