2019/11/21 06:42:55
BloodyHand
Do you think BigHead's buck didnt phase into his winter coat yet?

BH
2019/11/21 07:51:13
dpms
BloodyHand
Do you think BigHead's buck didnt phase into his winter coat yet?

BH

The color certainly looks like a summer coat, but judging by the hair length and thickness of it, it looks like the winter coat. Judge a cool color to see on a winter coat. I especially like the top of the head. 
2019/11/23 09:21:13
BeenThereDoneThat.
Younz didn't hear this from me but, while trailer trucking MO 54 to the "Lake of the Ozarks" listening to the raadidio out of Osage Beach. A commercial for a local ATV dealer begins by announcing a population explosion of elusive Missouri White-Tailed Deer. The dude goes on to say how the deer are devastating landscaping, crops, forest, and auto insurance. 😋

Of course, with the purchase of an ATV, hunters can do their part in bringing this population explosion under control and saving the enviroment.

So you might ask yourself, while the hell is this even worth mentioning and to that I say.... so I can post my picture.

Attachments are not available: Download requirements not met

I'm so dam cute 😇

Attachment(s)

Attachments are not available: Download requirements not met
2019/12/26 12:11:18
dpms
Today's the day. I will be out tomorrow afternoon if it doesn't rain. I went and checked a trail camera in one of my late season spots that I hadn't checked since Thanksgiving. Much to my surprise, there were 4 legal bucks on it and some smaller ones. Two of the bucks have been pretty regular and in daylight. Good to see them in the area. If they make it through the late season, they will be really nice next year. 

Looks like several groups of does showing up as well so I hope to get a chance at one of them with the bow. 

I believe late season is one of the best times to fill a tag if you are in the right spot. The right spot being by a good food source. The colder the better as well, but it doesn't look like any cold weather coming in the near future.  
2019/12/27 18:00:49
dpms
First sit of the late season this afternoon. Warm!! had a forkie come past around 4. That was the highlight of the sit. 
2020/01/02 08:03:35
dpms
Opted for an archery hunt today over a flintlock hunt. Hunted 3 hours in the morning and 4 hours in the afternoon and again, never saw a deer. Feel like I am losing my edge..........

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account