2018/04/22 08:58:20
dpms
I have only used AMS and do not have experience with Cajun stuff or conventional reels. Cajun has been around for awhile now, so I suspect their stuff will work fine. 
2018/04/22 09:19:12
Porktown
DPMS - toss that thing on stripersonline and would likely get some interest. It is kayak season in NJ/DE/MD. Might get someone willing to travel out this way or have family out here. Great looking yak.
2018/04/22 12:51:45
BeenThereDoneThat.
OK I checked out the AMS Pro Kit and will likely need to sleep in the mancave for a week or so but, it does include everything needed to convert the Bear compound for stickin fish. 

I'm not familiar with the retrieval system so I am eager to hear the drawbacks (no pun intended) like the string tangling in the bottle.  I see the AMS arrows are equipped with a 'safety slide' I assume breaks away upon release and the 200# string, decides it doesn't want to get wet and, stays in the bottle?
2018/04/22 16:23:51
dpms
BeenThereDoneThat. 
I'm not familiar with the retrieval system so I am eager to hear the drawbacks (no pun intended) like the string tangling in the bottle.  I see the AMS arrows are equipped with a 'safety slide' I assume breaks away upon release and the 200# string, decides it doesn't want to get wet and, stays in the bottle?

I used used the AMS bottle retriever on everything from 100 stingrays in the ocean to 10 pound carp. Never had the string jam up in the bottle. That was one of my concerns but no worries. The safety slide on vertical bows slides up the shaft when you draw the bow so you don't have to worry about the string getting tangled around your rest or reel. That would be ugly. It is best to slide the safety slide towards the tip prior to drawing you bow anyways. 
2018/04/22 20:41:04
BeenThereDoneThat.
I can't even imagine what it must be like, sticking stingrays with an arrow let alone, trying to land one of them things.  I can see why you prefer AMS.

Pens won today, maybe a good time to let my better half know, what to expect for Mother's Day.  

Enjoyed the conversation Gene, thanks for your input and good luck selling the kayak.
2019/03/16 08:41:23
dpms
This is still available just in time for the 2019 fishing season. Reduced to $1200.
2020/01/20 19:02:44
dpms
Still available $1100. 
2020/04/10 09:52:38
dpms
I would really like to sell this fishing kayak............ It is perfect for the backwaters of Erie and even the main bay because it is so stable. 
2020/05/27 08:49:53
dpms
The Frontier 12 is sold. 

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account