2016/02/10 08:39:28
CRAPPIE_SLAYER
Was looking forward to the cold temps making ice this weekend, but if we get the snow they're calling for the next day or two its gonna put a real damper on it. Probably ride out and check out the north end Thursday or Friday anyway.
2016/02/11 21:49:12
BeenThereDoneThat.
I've been busy sitting around watching the weather until today when I fired up the WheelHorse and played in the fluffy white snow.

Only hearing rumors about the ice conditions on different areas of the lake.

Sure will be waiting to hear your report Crappie_Slayer, I'm not fishing the tournament but would enjoy hanging around and, see how things turn out.
2016/02/12 07:40:29
CRAPPIE_SLAYER
(copied from my ice shanty report)

Checked around Tuttle last Saturday and it looked like the ice might make it. Today's check was.disappointing. Area around the beach looked sketchy at best, with some open water off the point to the right.

Drove down to the point, and what was a 4ft gap Saturday was now 60+ yds.

Drove across the causeway and the majority was open water. Hate to be a naysayer, but I think pymy's ice season is done this year. At least I got some cheap gas in Andover while I was out that way.
2016/02/12 07:47:04
CRAPPIE_SLAYER
With all the open water on the Ohio side, the WNW wind yesterday was putting a real beating on the ice that was still there.  If it wasn't gonna be in the single digits tomorrow I'd probably be looking into getting the boat on Conneaut Lake, which was WIDE open yesterday.  Oh well, getting a new puppy this weekend so I guess that'll take up the time that I'm not ice fishing.
2016/02/12 08:43:40
BeenThereDoneThat.
Crappie_Slayer congratulations on your new pup........ what and pictures?

Thanks for the pictures and 'heads-up' on the ice situation at Pymie.  On one hand I'm sorry to see the ice melting so early in the season yet, on the other hand I'm happy to see open water so early in the year.  Does that make me a "flip flopper"?

I received a PM from Outasync ,last night regarding Pymie, that is posted on Facebook and I'll pass it along.   Those fishing the tournament this weekend may find the information somewhat disturbing.

https://m.facebook.com/RobinsonsBait/     

Also heard from a really reliable source, Lake Arthur is open.

Hope to see ya, and the new pup too, on the water soon.
2016/02/12 09:38:19
crappiefisher
  BTDT,

Least u can sleep in when u get the boat out after ice out  It gets better fishing as the day (warms) goes on.
4*, -4*,12* for lows next 3 days & 8* for a high sat. for Arthur. Might take the snowmobile round M/C tonight.

crappy
2016/02/12 10:24:47
BeenThereDoneThat.
Yeah buddy........  longer daylight......... warmer temps............ Baloney and cheese sanmidges under the "Sunbrella" on the water.  
2016/02/12 12:40:21
Big Tuna
A report on Arthur MC would be nice,I heard there's 4 inches in the back by the dead end road,and some open water by 528 which always is the last to freeze. Not my favorite lake but,it's the only show in town. I can always get numbers of 7- 7.5  gills. I know where to get decent crappie,pretty consistent by I don't think the ice will be good in that area. I thinking  Monday it should be at least ready if not it's a wrap for ice. 
2016/02/12 13:12:38
crappiefisher
  I would not recommend up that far on M/C, Too much veg., rd. beds & creek channel. Went thru myself, lucky I waz a lightweight back then & strong or I'd ov been snapper food 

crappy
2016/02/15 07:13:22
icereaper32
I'm headed down to Presque isle bay for lunch to check the ice.  I will have an answer on if there is fishable ice out there.  Keeping my fingers and toes crossed maybe get a couple of days in.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account