2016/01/30 21:15:25
Eman89so
High point is getting pretty bad in the middle. couple holes 2" I said nope im done
2016/01/30 22:52:57
BeenThereDoneThat.
I went, I saw, I fished, I lost one at the hole, stupid fish.

The ice was certainly showing some results of the sunshine and warm temperatures today with water appearing along some shore edges and stress cracks.   RT 18 causeway is now open water and I would expect that to continue and grow larger over the next couple of days.

As nightfall set in, thin surface slush created by the warm temperature began refreezing and creating a bit of slippy conditions requiring, some light footwork to keep from falling on ones azz.

Having spent many hours over the past two weeks walking on clear ice, I now have a better understanding as to why Penguins waddle when they walk.
2016/01/31 08:36:55
CRAPPIE_SLAYER
Fished up around Tuttle yesterday 7-2. Ice was 6-7" and in great shape in the am. By the time we left the top 2" was very soft, and anywhere there had been snow lying had turned to slop. 1 17" eye, 1 10" crappie, and numerous 8" perch all on tipups. Couldn't buy one on the jigging rod. Buddy had a huge cat that ran 150yds or better of line snap the monofilament at the hole. Not sure we would've even got it thru the 6" hole anyway. Not a stellar day, but had lotsa fun with the flags. Was gonna give it a shot this morning, but it was getting a little soft for my liking. Hoping a layer of ice stays on the lake till Thursday. Looks like another cold snap then.
2016/01/31 09:18:39
BeenThereDoneThat.
Thanks crappie_slayer; congratulations on the catching with the tip-ups, that's awesome when ya catch em that way.

I saw the temperature this morning and figured I'd back up and regroup, maybe take a look at the open criks til 'Old Man Winter' decides what he is gonna do after he meets with 'Phil' Tuesday morning.

Found this video a couple dudes made pertaining to falling through the ice.  When you first see the video you may, as I did, feel there was too much clowning around but after watching the video, I think they were trying to stress there's no need to panic.

https://youtu.be/BQjSYflwPck?t=1   
2016/02/02 07:41:33
BeenThereDoneThat.
So much for ice fishin.........................

Punxsutawney Phil does not see shadow, predicts an early spring!POSTED 6:28 AM, FEBRUARY 2, 2016, BY ASSOCIATED PRESS, UPDATED AT 07:24AM, FEBRUARY 2, 2016
2016/02/02 08:56:30
Eman89so
It's over buddy, time for the boat
2016/02/09 07:43:30
icereaper32
Any word on pymatuning. is there any ice for the tournament this weekend 
2016/02/09 08:03:10
BeenThereDoneThat.
I can't speak for the entire lake but, I know it's open water from the Jamestown Marina to the dam.  From the Jamestown boat launch north to Snodgrass there was a mix of ice and water with open shore line.

If it weren't for ice still remaining at the launch ramp, I and the Fish Hawk, along with a buddy or two (it's getting close Marcos & Rob), would be on the water...... 10-4!!!

If The Weather Clowns get it half right, the forecast is calling for mid thirties starting next week and low forties by weeks end.
2016/02/10 07:22:14
icereaper32
They are calling for teens to single digits for Meadville and Erie area for the next six days. 

So what you are saying is that the tournament is not going to happen.
Looks like the season has come to an end already
maybe next year we can get out and fish more
2016/02/10 07:54:41
BeenThereDoneThat.
icereaper32
They are calling for teens to single digits for Meadville and Erie area for the next six days. 

So what you are saying is that the tournament is not going to happen.
Looks like the season has come to an end already
maybe next year we can get out and fish more

Just reporting the conditions I saw while fishing the Jamestown Marina area.  

Whether the tournament happens remains to be seen but I can tell you this, it will happen without me...10-4!!

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account