• Northwest PA
  • Creek Fishermen from Cooperstown (Sugar Creek) (p.2)
2018/08/30 12:34:20
BeenThereDoneThat.
Thats an auto slide fifth wheel hitch and it will carry my new knapsack, bedroll and hatchet too!!  Now I will able to haul "cases" of Campbell's Soup and ya should see the bed roll... QUEEN SIZE!!!   Oh yeah, the hatchet will be retired and replaced with a chain saw... no more "chopping" fire wood  orrrrr wye branches cause I have one of them sandmige cooking irons  (two at a time).  But the gooder part,  Walmart allows overnight camping and they carry  ISALY'S CHIPPED CHOPPED HAM. (does not taste the same)

Ummm, only problem, Walmart don't allow open campfires.  They say it's hard on the tarmac.  
2018/08/30 21:31:56
crappiefisher
Don't forget to poke a hole on the Cambells soup can while on the fire/Sterno  Sounded like a bomb going off at Trout Cove, Lake Arthur in 1970, trees & lake covered with soup 

crappy
2018/08/30 22:28:41
BeenThereDoneThat.
Ha ha....Crappie, BTDT!! 'Cept we didn't have Sterno back them days.

We burned our food over wood fires.

We had a hell of a time putting the woods out after the soup exploded and blew the camp fire everywhere. Pretty sure today's nylon tents would not have fared as well as the heavy canvas tents of yesteryear. Fortunately, our tent only received a little scorching.

Likely none of it would happened if I wouldn't have set the soup can on a rock of the fire ring then leaving to dig through my knapsack, looking for my P-38.

Thanks for the memories and tight lines.
2018/08/31 22:06:11
BeenThereDoneThat.
My how times do change.  In the days of old when the boys was bold it was up before sunrise, fishing rod tied to the crossbar, knap sack on back and it was off to stream side we go.

But now that we are old and gray and fish maybe once a day, it's stock up the refrigerator, fill the propane bottles, to hell with the back pack and down the road we go.

Attachments are not available: Download requirements not met

Attachment(s)

Attachments are not available: Download requirements not met
2018/08/31 23:33:01
mopars0
Nice bud .... now it would look great in the infield at Darlington this weekend for a nascar car race ...lol. ... anyhow awesome , enjoy it bud .. and away we go great memories a coming 👍👍👍
2018/09/01 08:46:45
BeenThereDoneThat.

Thank you Steve but I think it's gonna be a real b!tch getting it parked stream side, along Sugar and/or French Creeks.  The thing did not look nearly as big, sitting along side the other trailers, on the dealers lot.   

But, where there's a will, there's a way!! 

2018/09/01 11:18:32
bigfoot
This post brought back a fond memory of mine. I went to visit with the Cripp We fished Jones creek and sugar creek, and spent the day together. It was a great day even though it did rain a little.
2018/09/01 14:25:11
BeenThereDoneThat.
bigfoot
This post brought back a fond memory of mine. I went to visit with the Cripp We fished Jones creek and sugar creek, and spent the day together. It was a great day even though it did rain a little.

Great to hear Bigfoot, aside from my silly humor (or attempt) and bit of bragging (uhh, OK, BS), I'm all about the memories.  Didn't know the man, only what I've read and the few pictures still posted on this sight but I would enjoy hearing some stories about Cripp, so I too could enjoy the memories.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account