2018/09/01 04:26:13
fallschirmjaeger

2018/09/04 06:32:20
bassackwards
Nice !! That is a beauty of a creek walleye. Nice job, and nice catch. Who would expect to get that guy on a plug. 

I went down to French Creek on Monday to wade for a few hours. Water was like bathwater ! Lots of "yakers", tubers and paddle boarders (which I still don't understand).

Managed a few rock bass and missed a few small-mouth.....but was in a hurry to get home and fire up the smoker. Labor day ribs are a pretty steady tradition around us. 
2018/09/04 12:58:55
fallschirmjaeger
Totally understandable....smoker ribs are not to be rushed...

I fished the Kinzua tailrace on Sunday.  I had a large trout follow in a spinner and had some big hits on a big creek chub, but ended up getting skunked.  No one near me pulled out a fish either.  Very disappointing, but an amazing place to fish regardless.  
2018/09/04 13:26:19
bassackwards
fallschirmjaeger
Totally understandable....smoker ribs are not to be rushed...

I fished the Kinzua tailrace on Sunday.  I had a large trout follow in a spinner and had some big hits on a big creek chub, but ended up getting skunked.  No one near me pulled out a fish either.  Very disappointing, but an amazing place to fish regardless.  

The heat was unbearable....I think for me and the fish. Once daylight hit, the fish shut off. 

Sorry to hear you got skunked......that is too bad. Quite the drive for no fish ! That is an awesome place to fish, quiet and beautiful. I think later in the fall it might be 100X better to fish. However, I usually get skunked on the top side of the dam. 
2018/09/13 07:14:06
fallschirmjaeger
The creek dipped into the very low 60's this week - sadly it's more than likely blown out from all the rains.  
2018/09/13 08:23:18
psu_fish
French was pretty high and muddy in Utica and all way down to the Allegheny yesterday. Saw a beach ball floating down the creek. 
2018/09/13 08:57:11
fallschirmjaeger
psu_fish
French was pretty high and muddy in Utica and all way down to the Allegheny yesterday. Saw a beach ball floating down the creek. 

That's what I figured.  Better temps ruined by flooding.  

Does anyone know about when the Union City dam starts to fill up on the top side?

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account