2018/06/19 15:40:34
crawlerman2
BeenThereDoneThat.
Chuckles thanks for the link, very interesting info.  But, the map we seek is just a good ole paper hydro-graphic map showing the contour lines.  I purchased such maps years ago, measuring 24" by 30" of Pymie, Wilhelm and Shenango but the only thing available today, it seems, is for 'puters and smart phones.

I even went as far as contacting NOAA, who found nothing as far as "paper maps" regarding Conneaut but they were kind enough to forward me a link to yet another Map App.

http://www.gpsnauticalcharts.com/main/us_lm_us_pa_cw_sb_conneaut-conneaut-lake-nautical-chart.html

The gooder part about the app, Pymatuning is included (to be expected) which makes it OK to discuss the printed map on this thread.  Sorry 

Here you go
https://www.fishinghotspo...wPrd.asp?idproduct=258
2018/06/19 17:44:33
BeenThereDoneThat.
Crawlerman thanks a boatload for providing the link for printed maps, much appreciated. Tried a quick search of the sight, using my phone, for "Conneaut Lake" but that's like using a pop bottle for a magnifying glass. Can't wait to get on my 'puter and check the link. Thanks again. 👍
2018/06/19 21:30:31
EMitch
BT, that's the link to Fishing Hot Spots, but they don't have a map of Coneaut. You may remember you've already queried them? But fellow member OUTASYNC e-mailed me and oldie but goodie, and it's a beauty. Problem is it was a PDF file, and when it goes through the copier, the gray background comes out so dark I can barely see the map. I can see it well when I open the attachment. So, I'm tryin' to see if there's some way I can convert it to a jpeg, then import it into PAINT, and edit out the background, and enlarge it and print it. BTW, although it's old, this map is far more detailed than the others, but any of them gives me more than enough info to find and check what I think will be the fish holding spots easy enough.
Thanks again to all involved!
2018/06/19 22:00:25
ATTE1
Attachments are not available: Download requirements not met Attachments are not available: Download requirements not met Tried fishing south end of pymy today...couldn't find any eyes but did get two man limit of crappie for the freezer...40 nice slabs

Attachment(s)

Attachments are not available: Download requirements not met
2018/06/19 22:44:46
BeenThereDoneThat.
Emitch thanks, I've not a chance to pull the sight up on my 'puter.

I tried printing maps from the nav apps as well and got the same result because the contour lines are so close.

If not already, you should be receiving a half aszed map hopefully you can use.

Hope you're recovery is going well and see you on the water soon.

ATTE very nice catch, congratulations.👍
2018/06/20 04:36:34
CRAPPIE_SLAYER
Glad you found a few fish ATTE. Looks like some quality slabs in that batch.
2018/06/20 13:19:48
crappiefisher
Yinzes c the slab on crappie crazy, maybe new world record. He caught one the yr. before from same pond but ate it. I'm sure most all fish records have been broken numerous times but released/mounted or eaten. Who cares really??

crappy 

2018/06/20 14:15:07
ATTE1
Thanks guys...a few were over the 1 lb mark...wish I had a better grasp of the eye bite right now but taking two weeks off from pymy and two hours away seems like always starting from scratch...a few boats were trolling the deep channel all day but I wasn't close enough to see if anyone doing any good...tried jigging a few deeper humps with crawlers for the first few hours with small perch and bluegills then tried crappie bite...first spot produced so stayed there till got our limit...hopefully get back up next week.
2018/06/24 20:05:29
CRAPPIE_SLAYER
Was gonna make a trip up to the big pond today, but it was a bust with the wind. Ended up being a nice day to drift pymy with the wind cranking though. Haven't been out there for a few weeks and had to work for a few fish. Left with 2 eyes in the box, and a few nice perch. Probably be out again tomorrow or Tuesday to ride the waves. Good luck fellas!
2018/06/25 05:10:02
Pymafish
What fow has everyone been catching walleye going to try and get a couple kids on there first walleye Friday and Saturday

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account