2018/06/14 15:33:45
EMitch
I like catchin' whatever is bitin', but my main attractant is walleye and pike. Walleyes are the preferred target, but I don't mind a little slimin' every now and again.
2018/06/14 19:55:45
CRAPPIE_SLAYER
Don't know how this turned into a c. lake thread, but if you wanna fish it without all of the hub bub emitch get there early in the AM and leave by 10. Might still be a few skiers out, but MOST of the early morning ones are courteous.

Back to pymy...anyone still picking up any eyes drifting? I haven't been out for a while and I'm jonesin'. Planning on fishing with dad for father's day. Might end up going to erie though.
2018/06/14 20:50:14
bottom troller
The past few times i was at old pymy there was no wind to drift and jig. I did how ever pick a few eaters up trolling up North. O and a couple down south one day too!
2018/06/14 21:29:10
BeenThereDoneThat.
CRAPPIE_SLAYER
Don't know how this turned into a c. lake thread, 

I'm sorry.....           Well maybe...   

Emitch PM sent.
2018/06/14 22:37:40
H3Fisher
Hows the bass bite? 3 day weekend for me, so I'll be venturing to a couple lakes on the yak.
2018/06/16 11:32:10
Pachuckles
xx
2018/06/16 11:34:31
Pachuckles
EMitch
BT, I've come to the conclusion that there is NO contour map available for Coneaut anywhere. Hard to believe with it being the lake where the PA. record for Musky came from, and also holds a pretty good population of the other game fish. Seems to me that would create an opportunity for an entrepreneur or a company, and it was surprising to me that Fishing Hot Spots didn't have one. When and if I get the chance to fish it, I'll just have to wing it with the electronics.

Does the link to a bathymetric map of Conneaut Lake on the following page lead to anything of value to you?
http://watershed.alleghen...ta/lakes/conneaut-lake
2018/06/16 12:55:33
BeenThereDoneThat.
Chuckles thanks for the link, very interesting info.  But, the map we seek is just a good ole paper hydro-graphic map showing the contour lines.  I purchased such maps years ago, measuring 24" by 30" of Pymie, Wilhelm and Shenango but the only thing available today, it seems, is for 'puters and smart phones.

I even went as far as contacting NOAA, who found nothing as far as "paper maps" regarding Conneaut but they were kind enough to forward me a link to yet another Map App.

http://www.gpsnauticalcharts.com/main/us_lm_us_pa_cw_sb_conneaut-conneaut-lake-nautical-chart.html

The gooder part about the app, Pymatuning is included (to be expected) which makes it OK to discuss the printed map on this thread.  Sorry 
2018/06/17 10:02:58
BeenThereDoneThat.
Happy Fathers Day daddy's, good times and tight lines to all. 🍻
2018/06/18 18:56:32
Kos
FISHING REPORT.  Fished the south end on Saturday catching perch, sunfish, catfish and 2 walleye (1 large keeper and 1 14" throwback and lost another big one at the boat).  Drifted small spinners with nightcrawlers and jigs with nightcrawlers.  Fish seemed to stop biting for us around 9am.  Tried trolling at our usual spots but could not get any to bite.  Water was warm.  Good Luck.  

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account