2018/05/31 18:25:14
CRAPPIE_SLAYER
Nice job Westside 👍. Thought about trying today, but I'm glad I didn't with the storm that just passed thru.
2018/06/01 07:39:03
westsidepyme
Thanks Crappie.  ALOT of sub legal ones mixed in there but great to see.  most 14 14 1/2.  Looks like today is gonna be sketchy also.  I don't mind a little rain if they are snappin'!!!!  Tight lines gents.
2018/06/01 19:05:21
CRAPPIE_SLAYER
I agree Westside. Good for the future to see lots of sub legal fish in the mix also. Once again, I'm glad I didn't head out after work today. Another soaker this afternoon. I don't mind some rain with my fishing, and some days I actually prefer it, but the downpours we've been getting have kept me at home. At least when the time comes ill have all of my housework done. Good luck out there!
2018/06/04 09:14:24
ATTE1
Was going to go up to pymy today but the wind was supposed to be kicking...anyone go out today let me know what it was like to see if I wasted a day...will be up Wednesday for sure though...sucks living 2 hrs away sometimes...thx  
2018/06/04 09:36:20
CRAPPIE_SLAYER
Thinking about it myself this afternoon, but we'll see how windy it is when the time comes. The little 14 footer can only handle so much chop.
2018/06/04 11:57:23
psu_fish
Curious how you guys that drift for walleyes in the north end, keep from losing tackle every 5 mins? We were drifting with worm harnesses and bottom bouncers only going .5 mph or so with light winds, but kept getting snagged and breaking off.

Did pretty good on crappie drifting, but we were keeping the minnows 1-2 feet off bottom. Soon as we tried bumping a roundball jig on the bottom, snagged and snapped off.

Or is the bottom bouncers better out in deeper water on the south end?

Same deal with the reports I read with flicker shads in the Harris Island stumps. I see several bait shop reports of trolling at 1.0-1.5 with flicker shads. Didnt think those lures would have good action at such slow speed? Or you guys just accepting you will get snagged up and break off when trolling that shallow?
2018/06/04 12:54:27
ICE NUT
I use mostly a slip bobber rig with the crawler just off the bottom. Ive used lindy rigged floating jigs on south end without too much of a problem.
2018/06/04 13:38:19
westsidepyme
Weedless jigheads have worked for me.  I believe they are called Weed Weasles.  Heavy gauge hook with 2 plastic guards.
2018/06/04 21:41:36
CRAPPIE_SLAYER
If I don't get snagged up on the north end a few times, I'm probably not catching fish. Definitly helping keep the local bait shops in business buying jigs.

Wind forecast for the afternoon toned back a little, so I gave it a shot. Lake had a heavy chop still, but the fishing was fairly slow for me again. Managed 2 for the box and one shorty.

Good luck out there!
2018/06/05 11:04:39
roygpa
Anybody fishing the catfish tourney this weekend? My wife and I are thinking about it, but we won't be fishing all night. :)

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account