2018/05/29 06:39:39
Moses Guthrie
Did well on the North end this past weekend. Saw many others boating fish as well both drifting and trolling.
2018/05/29 10:34:14
roygpa
Didn't do much fishing at Pymy over the weekend, but did get out with my wife and brother in law. He came to take advantage of the fish for free day on Sunday. He caught a nice sized white bass off the boat (or hybrid, don't know which it was) and a few perch off the dock. I caught a channel catfish that was nearly 24 inches long and it nearly pulled my rod over board. One of my buddies was fishing the north end of the lake with a friend on Sunday and they caught 6 keeper walleye with the biggest at 21 inches and one that was too small. They were drifting night crawlers. With the exception of my 3 year old nephew nearly running over his cousin with my golf cart, pinning her under it, (all my fault, and no injuries,) it was a good weekend. I am way out of practice having little kids around. On Saturday we had 4 kids under 6 years old, with the 3 year old and the youngest at one year old. The one years old is still in the put everything in her mouth stage, including small rocks around the fire pit. She can't talk yet, but was trying to scold me with jibberish when I told her not to eat rocks. She's going to be a handful in another year or so. :)
2018/05/29 10:54:29
BeenThereDoneThat.
Good times Roy, and more to come.

My wife and I were in your neck of Penn's Woods yesterday afternoon, trying to do business on some property.

The lake looked busy til around 7ish but was absolutely beautiful from the shoreline.

Good times and tight lines.
2018/05/29 11:33:41
roygpa
BTDT, is the property anywhere near Espyville?
2018/05/29 13:28:19
BeenThereDoneThat.
Roy, I'll just have to say BTDT lol.   We have looked all around Pymatuning including the Buckeye side.  Yesterday we met with an owner, a bit south of Espeyville,  who wishes to sell on his own and another owner, who has his property listed with an agency I will not do business with. Not being one to "spotburn" (much) I won't mention the name.   Unfortunately, most property's for sale around the lake,  have those stupid green and yellow realtor signs in the yard.
2018/05/29 14:05:06
roygpa
Was just curious as our place is a bit south (about 1.4 miles) of Espyville in the Sunset Knolls Allotment. There are two places that might come up for sale, both needing a tremendous amount of work.
2018/05/29 21:20:43
BeenThereDoneThat.
I know the area Roy, beautiful place.  My wife and I would like a place right on the lake but we also want to see places close to the water with a view and not handled by a realtor, if possible.  Please keep me in mind with a PM if you know of property's coming on the market.  Needing work is not a problem so long as the work doesn't encompass major structural repairs to floors, foundations, roof, etc.  We are talking year round living also, so major heating, plumbing, electrical changes would be most likely a "deal breaker".
2018/05/30 20:18:44
CRAPPIE_SLAYER
My kind of fishing weather this afternoon. Thought I might have some luck, but couldn't find the bigger fish today. 6 close, but short eyes and a pile of small perch. Only other guy I talked to didn't have much to report either.
2018/05/31 09:41:03
westsidepyme
Managed 5 legal eyes yesterday before dark.  Water temp. at 72.  Got em shallow.
2018/05/31 10:55:02
BeenThereDoneThat.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account