2018/01/21 11:49:01
CAPTAIN HOOK
Thanks I'll pass also.....did that many moons ago at a fancy private health spa as a guest. We went from a sunken hot whirl pool bath into an ice plunge pool ! Talk about a super rush...crazy! Going from 110 degrees to 35 degrees in seconds ! I think that practice is long gone. 
2018/01/21 12:07:15
BeenThereDoneThat.
 Good Grief Captain!!!    I thought going from a 94 degree hot tub to a 78 degree swimming pool and back was nuts.  Took 24 hours to find the family jewels.  In fact, every once and a while, things still look a bit foggy when fishing.

Thanks for the return call and stay well.
2018/01/21 19:11:19
Meatball
I always wanted to try it (cause I'm an idiot). I once ran across the ice on my old man's pool and went in, hit the cover and got shot to the middle, had to feel my way back to the hole I went in, scared the hell outta me, but I got out...laughing...I'll think about itA few drinks I'll do almost anything potentially harmful lol
2018/01/21 20:05:48
BeenThereDoneThat.

I don't recommend running to the edge of the beach and diving in.  I been looking for more info on the event but as yet found nothing on the internet.  Guess I'll have to plan another ice fishing trip to the Jamestown park entrance and find out.  Saw a article about winter events held at the park in the past and there's mention of a couple thousand people being in attendance and included snowmobiling.  Don't know if the Polar Bear Swim is one and the same.  What fun it would be dashing through snow, on a snowmobile, wearing just your speedo.  Don't think ya would be singing Jingle Bells be more like singing freeze your...... uhhh never mind.

Hey speaking of ice fishing, you could of run around on the ice today in your birthday suit if ya wanted to, I know I'm usually in the clouds but it got a bit foggy today.

Attachments are not available: Download requirements not met

LOOK WHAT I FOUND HANGING ON MY HOOK  stupid fish

Attachment(s)

2018/01/21 23:19:08
mopars0
πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘. Now that’s what I’m talking about .. I did go shopping today , our local Kmart is closing got some good deals on some # 8 & #10 spiderwire line ... of course wifey had to get us both new shoes like we don’t have enough.... lol. Oh think she is reading this gotta go ...😜😜😜
2018/01/22 06:15:59
BeenThereDoneThat.
How Foggy was it?

Attachment(s)

2018/01/22 08:15:59
Walleye jigs
Hey BT, I've yet to hear anything about "Leadership by example!"
2018/01/22 09:08:35
CAPTAIN HOOK
Nice , I guess under all that snow & ice there are a few fish around.
2018/01/22 09:27:30
The Plunge is Feb. 3 and it benefits the Relay for Life of Pymatuning.  $25 to enter

http://www.pymatuningtrailblazers.com/yahoo_site_admin/assets/docs/Fun_Days_Flyer_2018.33463651.pdf

http://main.acsevents.org/site/TR?pg=entry&fr_id=86340

Ummmm, pretty sure I'm busy that day but thanks for the invite btdt.  

2018/01/22 09:48:03
BeenThereDoneThat.
Walleye jigs
Hey BT, I've yet to hear anything about "Leadership by example!"

Exactly. I'm trying to lead others into doing something I sure as hell ain't gonna do.     Besides Jigs if you ever saw me in a Speedo, you'd have nightmares at least a month after. 

Captain can you believe that, I caught some fish and they weren't out of a minny bucket. lol   None were big enough, though a few Gills came close, to invite home for a dinner.  But I'll continue to practice , as I have for years, the old proverb;  If At First Ya Don't Succeed, try looking for a Friday Night Fish Fry.

Raining at 5:00 this morning and again at Six too so I went back to bed, which is probably what I would have done anyway 'caus draggin' all that gear, across the ice by myslf brought back memories of muscles I long forgot I had.   Couldn't get my neighbor to go back out with me, how the hell did I know he was now reading the forums.    He'll be sorry when he sees the fish I caught... I hope!!

Gotta git,  not sure if water is over the ice yet so I gotta go see.  Be a good time to check out my hunting boots and see if they truly are water resistant and still, be on top of the ice.

Good time and tight lines.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account