2018/04/16 11:56:40
BeenThereDoneThat.
rsquared
roygpa
 I think I recognize that spot with mostly black spy and squiggles around the edges. :) Nice fish.

BTDT doesn't like it when ya spot burn on here

2018/04/16 12:14:22
crappiefisher
  "Running out of water son" 

Happy Crappie Birthday!!   
 Looked like he was having the time ov his life being skipper, full throttle on the boat.

crappy

Nice having friends on Facebook showing them  what's upp.
2018/04/16 13:41:35
mopars0
BeenThereDoneThat.
mopars0
My neighbor called me and wanted to know if I wanted her husband tackle box , he had passed away several years ago . So I went a got it man it was full of stuff ... she was going the throw it out ... wow guess she forgot it was in the basement

I'm thinking I'm seeing some "Canadian Wigglers" and maybe a "BENO" or two.  Nice catch buddy.
yeah , a lot of different stuff , I know he did a lot of river fishing ... he always liked getting into the pike and walleyes but never turns down a musky or bass either 😜👍
2018/04/18 21:05:38
Sujie
Rsquared I see all those art classes paid off!
2018/04/24 08:34:58
BeenThereDoneThat.

AND NOW........ A WORD FROM OUR SPONSORS

Record PA. Fish for 2017

(  PDF required for download.  )

http://www.fishandboat.co...nPennsylvania-2017.pdf                                           

2018/04/26 21:18:22
BeenThereDoneThat.
Never let it be said I can't take a "hint" so I am staying on this "PYMATUNING LAKE" thread.... for now.

Didn't do any fishing but enjoyed some sight seeing around the "Pymatuning Lake" the past few weeks.  Even got to talk to a celebrity about his catching but because I don't spot-burn I can't say who that, recently seen on a video, star was.  I will say the conversation was just few seconds but certainly enjoyable.

Anyways, today we were prowling around the Espyville area when we decided to have lunch at the "Lil Bit"  restaurant so, I thought I would leave my 'first impression' review.  Friendly gets five stars; Service gets five stars; Food Menu, portion, piping hot, taste gets five stars; Price gets five stars.  Would I recommend, yes. Will I return, yes next time I'm in the area.  Did I mention the coffee was good too?   

Also, as we were pulling from the parking lot we saw a sign announcing a "Crappie Tournament" scheduled for May 5.  My money is on the celebrity.

Probably be next week before I can get back in the area and there "will be" a boat behind me when I return but, not for the tournament cause to win one of them contest, ya have to catch fish.
2018/05/01 10:43:25
BeenThereDoneThat.

For the Musky hunters....................

PA Fish & Boat Commission Retweeted

Jared.PFBC‏ @jmsayers78 1h1 hour agoMore

Jared.PFBC Retweeted Jim AgostineThe PA Union City Fish Hatchery is taking eggs to boost #PAMusky numbers. Pymatuning nets are showing Musky population is high.@fishandboat
Jared.PFBC added,

2018/05/02 18:05:21
ICE NUT
I can add to above post .Wife and I were walking our lab at Snodgrass boat launch the fish and boat commission were netting and unloading the trap nets they had placed on right of Snodgrass launch.There were tons of fish in trap nets many many muskys many of at least 36 inchesSeen them load at least a dozen in truck to be milked or whatever they do. Think I may have to give up on my walleye fishing and take up Musky fishing seems I have a better chance
2018/05/02 21:54:42
BeenThereDoneThat.
Nut two years ago I was fishing just North of the old marina at Jamestown and watched as the PFBC and a musky club stocked the fish. The first boat I saw, came zooming from the north and shot into the Jamestown launch. I mean this guy was up on plane. Wasn't long a second boat came in, hammer down and disappeared into the launch. WTH I thought so me being me, had to go see WTH??? Both boats were tied to the dock and parked on the ramp, was the PFBC tank truck loaded with thousands of Musky averaging 10" long. The fish were taken from the truck and placed in tote type tanks on the boats which without delay, zoomed to all parts of Pymy where the fish where released. All toll there were 4 club boats plus the PFBC stocking musky in Pymy. My first thought and maybe a bit of wishful thinking, bye bye shad and golden shiners.

With Tamarack no longer a musky brood lake, not suprising to see fish netted at Pymy and used for stocking purposes.

Never eaten musky, always wondered if they taste like chice..... uhh Nothern?
2018/05/02 22:32:30
olds-Pa
BTDT, I tied to have musky for dinner ONCE that I caught at Tamarack. Tasted like mud. I,ve stuck to walleye, perch, and crappie ever since in that order. Try it sometime, you may like it. For me it's catch and  release...

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account